Counterstrike: global offensive to feature console vs PC cross-platform play

When we hear more details about how exactly they’re going to do it (autoaim and such), would you be willing to wager on that? We can figure out some sort of terms. There will probably be leaderboards with kill ratios or something that will be utterly dominated by PC players. Or some other metric.

I’d really like to find a way to play against you if we can manage it. Friend with a PS3 maybe? And, again, barring autoaim or something, I would be willing to play against you and several of the most skilled console shooter players you can find all at once.

Edit: Do you think you could find me a video of normal gameplay from a skilled gamepad player in a shooter game too? Something equivelant to all those Q3 pro videos that you say can be done with a gamepad.

They’re not going to compensate anything re: gamepads, they’ll let the matchmaking system and personal rankings determine what kind of games you get put in.

Which will essentially mean that the lower ends of the pool will see mixed players whereas the high end will be the exclusive playground of PC gamers.

I like matchmaking.

Yeah, CS with matchmaking is going to be sweet. CS is the best game ever, but it’s behind-the-scenes tech is really showing its age these days.

I seriously know nobody that has a PS3.

Hereare some examplesof good gameplay done with a controller.

What’re the aim assist settings 'n stuff under MLG rules?

Ah blah. Will that be the only mode, or will it just be one way to play in addition to a standard client/server model? I guess the gamepad player might stick exclusively to it. I’d be out of gamepad territory within a few matches - not bragging, I’m not anything more than slightly above average - just sounds like I’d have no real chance at being matched up against gamepadders, which is most of the appeal here.

It blows my mind that you consider those examples to be in the same ballpark as [URL=“Pro-Player playing Quake III arena - YouTube”]. That COD player wouldn’t even be a 1:1 kill ratio player on PC. Also, that Halo video makes the game seem retarded - that they designed it to say “flag taken!” “flag returned!” 200 times instead of just giving those actions tones.

Regardless of the voice over, the target tracking in that Halo video was very good. I don’t know if I could do as well with a mouse, especially since I haven’t played anything in forever.

It’s not bad - I’d consider it plausible that he was an average KB/M player if the movements weren’t so stiff and robotic - but it’s certainly nothing like competitive Q3 type play, or even competitive COD. It basically seems like competitive level gamepadders could plausibly be almost as good as average KBMers.

I’ve never actually seen that game in action so it’s interesting that the map looks more like an old school PC shooter map than the flat, closed maps more typical of COD type games. It looks like a game I’d try. Oh well.

I’m sure there will be a regular game server list, but the 5v5 matchmaking will be the “main” mode. Also, it’s obviously the mode they’re going to talk about the most because the current versions of Counter-Strike don’t have any kind of matchmaking mode.

Yeah, that’s what I miss. It seems that Bungie, the developer of the Halo games thus far, looked at the competitive faction as an asset, but then moved away from it and started catering to the masses. I’m burned out on Halo and generally nonplussed by Call Of Duty and want nothing that Battlefield has to offer.

Oh well. More Skyrim.

The game is out! Anyone playing? Should I start a new thread? I’m back into CS after about 7 years. Pretty fun so far, although it seems it’s been simplified a bit (e.g. you start with kevlar + helmet). The good news is, it seems to be primarily a PC game with console ports (as opposed to BF3 which is a console game with PC port). The better news is, it works fine on Intel Graphics 4000!

Whoops, the auto buying armour is because I was playing on casual mode. But there are other things, like matchmaking - no messing with server lists etc. I do wish there was more indication when you’ve killed an enemy, though. I keep having to look at the top right of the screen.

Might as well start a new thread. Last I heard the subject of it is moot - even with matchmaking they couldn’t make console players viable against the worst PC players.