Cover CD's that are just umm intresting

Are those the guys who not only sign the song acapella, but they do all of the instruments as well?

Nitpick: the lead singer was a black Elvis impersonator.

Where were we? Oh, yes. Interesting cover versions. Ever heard of Chaucer and The Cantebury Tales? Covered by a white Canadian rapper?

:eek:

My favorite concept-cover album is Hanky Panky, by The The. You wouldn’t think that Hank Williams Sr. songs reinterpreted by a rather twee, palefaced British pop group would be good, but they are excellent. Weird, but excellent. Highly recommended.

Great Site!
<Richard Bey>
Where Do They Find These People?!?
</Richard Bey>

Back to the OP. I can never get enough Black Sabbath. Besides the (usually) awful death metal cover tributes on 3 or 4 different labels (such as the aptly named Earache Records), many other artists of done Sabbath tributes:Opium Jukebox’s - Bhangra Bloody Bhangra: They also add some Indian flair to The Rolling Stones & Sex Pistols

Iron Horse’s - Black & Bluegrass: Which is pretty explanitory. Supernaut on banjo!

Rondellus’ - Sabbatum: Medieval Tribute to Black Sabbath - translated into latin chants.

This one reminded me of another one I heard a while back - Fade to Bluegrass Various artists covering Metallica in bluegrass.

I liked it, my kids didn’t care for it.

yep

“Just, umm, interesting” is about the best description I can think of for Tori Amos’s cover CD, Strange Little Girls. Somehow, it was supposed to be a concept album in which she reinterpreted songs by men and sang them from a woman’s point of view. It wasn’t that good, and if she hadn’t explained the concept publicly I’m not sure anybody would have figured it out.