Craigslist "casual encounters"

There are lots of free options besides Craigslist: ranging from Plenty of Fish to Tinder. Try all of them.

I think besides looking up Empathy, you could also look up Sarcasm.

I think Me_Billy meant read the Female seeking Male ads and see how the ones you find compatible in spirit are phrased and do the male version.

Craigs List.
Laugh all you want because if it isn’t your club, your hole, or your ball…Whats It Matter To You!?

Try “Sugar Daddy looking for GF Experience.” that ought to get you a set of predictable replies. Be ready to spend lots of money.

I think it would be much better if you and possibly Me_Billy would look up sarcasm, and why it’s an indication of poor communication skills to make a statement with claims that are often presented as true with no indication that the statement is meant to be anything other than it’s actual meaning. You could also look up whether being snarky in response to someone responding to what a poster wrote instead of what they possibly meant makes you look intelligent or not.

I normally respond to what posters write and not a wild unsubstantiated guess that they meant something wildly different than what they said when there are no clues in the post or thread that they mean anything other than what they posted. Especially since it’s common for people on this board to repeat those dumb ‘what women want’ tropes as completely truthful statements.

Actually, scientists - quotes are from The Smithsonian Magazine - have discovered that sarcasm exercises the brain more than sincere statements do, and that it “appears to stimulate complex thinking” and that the “mental gymnastics needed to perceive sarcasm includes developing a “theory of mind” to see beyond the literal meaning of the words and understand that the speaker may be thinking of something entirely different”. They also point out that children as young as 5 are able to detect sarcasm quickly.

You may want to stop and examine if it’s your own personal prejudice that causes your knee-jerk response and CTFD.

I genuinely have no idea what ‘prejudice’, ‘knee jerk response’ you’re going on about, or why you think I need to ‘CTFD’ for responding to your post with less hostility than the one you made to me had. But I don’t think you’re going to change tracks and make sense, so I’m done fueling your weird lecturing derail.

Sarcasm is readily identifiable in person because the speakers’ voice gives it away. Sarcasm is frequently invisible in emails, texts, and board posts. Especially when the posters are not familiar with each other’s style. This fact is addressed in the board FAQs.

It’s also addressed here: xkcd: Words that End in GRY

A little off topic, I see. But thanks for the replies. Based on this information, I will avoid Craigslist. While it is very amusing to read people’s kinks, I don’t want to endanger myself. I will see if I can find other ways to indulge.

Dave

There are going to be fruitcakes and dangerous people in every venue; you just need to be careful.