Crazy Feeling of my inner body "trembling"?

I really don’t know how else to explain this, but if I lay still (or sit) and concentrate for a bit (or even if I’m just thinking nothing and relaxing), I can quite often get this really odd feeling. It’s quite like my mind is shaking. I hear a RRRRRRUOOORRRRR – RRRRRRUOOOORRRR sound in my ears, my vision gets slightly blurred (in sync with the sound), and my whole body kinda tingles.

It’s a VERY enjoyable experience, and a few years ago I could just about do it whenever I wanted to. Now it’s just a lucky happenstance.

My Fiancee (Ever diligent to help me – see POP ROCKS question) has watched me and sees no actual physical effect happen to me when it occurs.

So what’s up with this? What is happening to my body? Am I in the first stage of Internally combusting? Or is it something else? Should I practice making it happen at will again, or am I temping some horrible thing?

Will my soul survive? :slight_smile:

Thanks for any help with this.

P.S. I have never taken any drugs, and I don’t drink (Alcohol), so those an be ruled out. :slight_smile:

You don’t need analyzing;it is not so surprising that you feel very strange but nice. Your heart goes pitter-patter? I know what’s the matter, because I’ve been there once or twice! Put your head on my shoulder–you need someone who’s older; a rubdown with a velvet glove. There is nothing you can take to relieve that pleasant ache–you’re not sick, you’re just in love!

Ummmmm…

That’s not it. I know I’m in love, but it’s not love that’s causing it. The is no real thought or emotion when this… THING happens.

But thanks for trying.

P.S. Velvet Glove? :slight_smile:

Sounds like your coming down with an OOBE.

Pooch recently replied:

I’m game to play:

What the devil is an OOBE?

Out of Body Experience??

An optimist sees an opportunity in every calamity; A pessimist sees a calamity in every opportunity.

I’m guessing Outer Body Experience, but the other ‘O’ has me stumped.

I would sincerely suggest you find yourself a Buddhist monk/lama to discuss this with.

I think you may have wandered into another level of consciousness. Buddhist lamas train to attain this sensation. Perhaps they can tell you more about what this might indicate. Perhaps you were more highly evolved in your last life. Or maybe you’re being offered up an insight of some significance. You’re just unfamiliar with the territory.

Ohmigod, Frumpy. You’re the only other person I’ve ever known who could do this. I’ve been able to do it since I was a kid, and I don’t think I’ve even discussed it with anyone before. Too hard to explain, and sounds too weird when you try to.

Yep, I have to be still. Then it’s like . . god, how to explain, I just have to shift my brain to that other “place”. It’s like a really strong vibration that rattles my whole brain and body. I can turn it on and off at will. But it has to be a conscious effort. It never happens unless I will it to.

I have no idea what it is. Whenever I’ve been hooked up to biofeedback machines or things that measure electrical impulses in the body I’ve done this “thing” and the needles don’t change. Maybe it’s nothing.

But it sure feels like something!

“It’s not burnt. It’s Cajun!” - Christopher A. Evans

Try this:

Stand up with your feet about a foot apart and slightly turned towards each other like this… / \

Now make a fist with both your hands and place your fists on both sides of your lower back, at about the area of the kidneys.

Now in this position, start ‘stretching’ or tensing your muscles starting from your legs and working all the way up your body. You should be able to feel the effect of your muscles tightening throughout your body. Once this sensation has made its way up to your head, you might just feel a similar sensation to the one described above. At least its the closest to it that I’ve ever experienced. This is a relaxation technique that I learned somewhere, I forget where, and its supposed to help increase circulation and energy. There is a name for this, but I don’t remember, anybody else ever heard of this?

referring to OP;
Sounds like kundalini, try looking that up; shouldn’t be too hard to find.

Conversely, I used to get ‘rushes’ somewhat like that, but not really pleasant, after a bike accident concussion. While neither pleasant nor unpleasant, those are called seizures.

Sounds to me like it could be … BODY SIGNALS!!!

Big Iron – Like POOCH, Tossed in this one liner:

And again I’m left to ask a follow-up: WTF is/are BODY SIGNALS?

C’mon People! Why post a one line answer that needs more questions?

Your Shivering pal,

Frumpy Jones

OK, here’s my WAG (wild ass guess):

I can hear that ROOAARR sound, too. I’m consciously tensing ‘something’ near my inner ear somewhere above the top of my jaw muscles.

For you viewers playing at home, try clenching all the muscles of your head and neck – especially the jaw and temple muscles, scrunching your face, and trying to wiggle your ears. Once you ‘get it,’ it can be recreated without all that effort.

Now, I’m guessing some vestigal muscle is being clenched very close to the inner ear. [The fact that I can’t do this indefinitely would indicate the work of a muscle that fatigues.] When muscles are clenched (and very small ones take very little effort to clench and don’t leave you panting – for example, clenching your eye lids shut) they shake. The vibration is small and something you learn to ignore all traces of since it happens all the time (just like you don’t hear your pulse or heart beat, though it’s loud enough that you should). A vibrating muscle near the inner ear is not something you’re used to and is going to cause sound being made, thus, the ROOOAARR.

But the sound is the only effect I get. I’m guessing your blurred vision and bodily disorientation is coming from that part of the inner ear which helps us to keep balance (the vestibule). Shake that baby up, and your visual and spatial senses go wonky (just ask anyone dizzy from a roller coaster ride).

If you or anyone investigates this with the tools of science – point the electrodes to the inner ear, not the brain waves.

Now, there is another diagnosis for which these symptoms match… psychosis.

I hear THUD!

[Sorry, old psych joke]

==========

Flora McFlimsey posted

Dear Madam,

I hear someone singing and there’s no one there!

[I LMAO when I read your post. -m]

Thank you Moriah, I’m glad SOMEone got it!

LOL, Big Iron/Bob! No, I’m not going to get into the “Body Signals” hypothesis I came up with a couple years ago. I’ve learned to keep my mouth shut about things like that!

For those of you who have no clue what we’re talking about, it’s an inside joke referring to my former hypothesis that I called the “Theory of Body Signals.” I don’t expect anyone else to believe it, so I’ve stopped talking about it except as a joke sometimes.

I’m guessing that it’s an alien implant. Have you ever had missing time or been abducted?

Contestant #3

I wish to thank all who offered input on this subject.

Thank God for Unca Cecil’s TM’s to help me realize I’m not a freak, but an “Enlightened” soul. :slight_smile:

My Fiancee, BTW would like to give a srcastic Thank you to all of you since I am now running around with a swelled ego. :slight_smile:

Has your fiancee ever hit you over the head with a frying pan?..it does sound remarkably like the effect Wiley Coyote gets clobbered with one.

-Damien

Has your fiancee ever hit you over the head with a frying pan?..it does sound remarkably like the effect when Wiley Coyote gets clobbered with one.

-Damien

I’ve been doing some research into Lucid Dreaming, or OOBEs as the paranormalists like to call them, and what you’re experiencing is a classic case of the “vibrations”.

The occult explanation is that your Astral Body is seperating from your Physical Body. There hasn’t been much scientific study into this sort of phoenomenon, but I would venture to guess that your mind is in the process of seperating itself from your physical senses, basically inducing a waking dream. If you do this for long enough, you’ll eventually pop out of your body and get to fly around your room or whatever landscape you happen to dream up.