Creative ways to deal with this phone scammer.

Yeah, what **Gorsnak **said. It was a compliment…

Oh, I get it now :smack:. Sorry for my obtuseness (obtusity?) and thanks to both you and Gorsnak for explaining. This was one of those instances where I thought I was losing my ability to understand language and was having a stroke or something. I’d never heard of 419 Eaters.

I had a big, long running, “to-do” with the Texas State Fraternal Order of Police a while back. Those guys would Just Not Stop Calling me, and I tried many, many ways to deal with them- talking, not talking, angry, time wasting, calling the parent organization- you name it, I did it. Sometimes they called several times a day! I documented the calls and filed a complaint with the State Atty General, and eventually they stopped calling.

One of my favorites exchanges (and one of the shortest ones) was to try to trade with the guy. I told him I ran a charity too and offered to donate money to his charity if he would donate to mine. He said he couldn’t do personal business during work hours, so I asked for his home phone number and offered to call him later that night when he got home. He hung up on me!

Win!

Back before we went on the Do Not Call list, I used to just tell phone spammers that there’d been some mistake because we didn’t have a phone. Then I’d hang up.

I used to hang with an actor that was real quick on improv. One day he got an obscene phone call (this was YEARS ago before caller ID)
Anyway he listened for a moment and went into his improv bit.
[Heavy breathing]
I know you, your the man that killed my father.
[even heavier breathing]
I know where you live, I’m going to come kill you
[really heavy breathing almost panting]
You can’t hide from me, I know where you live
I’m going to come over there right now and kill you

The guy hung up on him.
:smiley: