Cricket - World T20 2016

Interesting stat graphic here, where they show that after 16 overs, NZ were 133/3, with 15 4s and 3 6s. England at the same point were 131/3, with 15 4s and 3 6s.

England got the 20 runs that NZ took 4 overs to get in 7 balls.

Did notice that. England squeezed new Zealand during the end overs. England fast bowlers have been doing very well. Generally the team here is underrated but obviously a very strong one.

BTW NZ should consider losing one or two matches in group stage maybe to boost their chances;-). Reached unbeaten in ODI WC final as well as in semis here.

We’ll see if that works for West Indies shortly.

Rahane is too slow for T20s, always maintained that.

Seems to be working for them today lol. Rahane and the no-balls sank us today.

Fucking hell. If I’d been asked how you throw away that innings by Kohli at half time in this game, I don’t think I’d have come up with the answer of getting wickets off no-balls repeatedly and then getting another wicket whilst touching the rope.

The silence in the stadium is pretty amazing.

India bundled out of their own tournament, by themselves!

Bowling Kohli in the last over was a gamble, but it always had long odds of coming off. I wonder if anyone will turn up at the stadium for the final.

right. Plus I don’t think they deserve to be in finals thanks to just one man(kohli). Rahane for ex., 40 off 35, on a pitch of 200 runs. He is simply not a T20 player. There’s a bit of regionalism from some guys like Gavasker (from Mumbai) as well , always cheerleading for Mumbai players like Rahane, projecting them as bigger players than they are.

Whoever does turn up will be supporting the Windies, just as they did in the game when England got the life beaten out of them by Chris Gayle. Probably decent odds of that happening again, to be honest.

If any ticket is still unsold, they can reduce the price. The ticket price for India games is too costly for many, yet they fill up the stands. It will be close to a full house I think.

From the beginning, I thought the chasing side had the advantage. I checked the odds before the toss. They were India -230 and WI +170. After the toss and WI’s decision to field, I put a small wager on WI +170. I thought Dhoni looked quite disappointed at the toss. Disappointed in India but at least picked up some pocket change.

ETA: I checked the stadium history and saw that successful big chases were common at Wankhede. Somehow the odds didn’t change after the toss. Is this normal?

Of all the places where I thought I would see a Cricket game go down, outside the restroom of an upscale Manhattan restaurant, on the phone with a bunch of Carribian waiters was not it.

Great game. Glad to see India lose, one man team reliant on chuckers and pitch tampering.

Come on Windies.

Yep. Ashwin is blatant chucker. And Saeed Ajmal had the cleanest action for all the 6 odd years he played at the international level.

World cup final today!

Any predictions? I’m trying to stay positive for an England victory, but the WI had a really strong showing against India in the semi. I think the English bowling is better than the WI bowling, though, and I think our batsmen are as capable as theirs.

Supporting ENGLAND. Strong side (Wish we get to see these players in IPL as well) . Wishing for a tight finish.

Read somewhere that something like 17 out of 22 games in the tournament since the start of the Super 10 phase have been won by the side that won the toss. So you’ve a 77% chance of winning based on a 50% chance of the coin falling your way.

Am not that confident - think WI will hit England out of the game - but it would be bloody useful to win the toss.

Is it a given that the winner of the toss will choose to field?

I think it highly likely. Since the start of the Super 10 stage, the team batting second has won 50% of the time - but the number of times that this has been done by the team who has also lost the toss is limited (in the group stages in particular, NZ won several games by winning the toss and batting first and Afghanistan and Bangladesh lost whilst chasing a couple of times a piece, which skews things a little).

Reading a number of comments from Indian supporters online, they’ve been moaning about dew as a reason for failing against the West Indies, with bowlers not being able to grip the ball. It’s not the be all and end all but it is a factor. I think, if you win the toss in this final, chasing is probably the way to go if a dewfall is expected.

WI win the Women’s Final - frankly with ease. 8 wicket win and always looked in control through their run chase.

WI win the toss (they’ve won 10 in a row!). They will bowl first. Given what I have said upthread, this is unsurprising. I think England are going to need a big, big total, as defending could well be very difficult.

No changes to either side from the semi finals.