Crosby Stills and Nash

I was given a double CD set today (no comments about dotage please :smiley: ) and it had the obligatory booklet. What surprised me was the nice tribute given to Mama Cass Elliott at the end of the booklet.

I wasn’t aware that there was such a close relationship.

Anyone know more about the closeness?

I found this:

Expert: Jan Greenberg - 10/22/2006

Question
I think you mentioned previously that it was Joni Mitchel that introduced Graham Nash to David Crosby and Stephen Stills but I noticed on that 2004 Crosby Nash cd that it thanked Cass (I’m guessing Cass Elliot) for introducing Nash and Crosby to each other. I was wondering if it was Joni Mitchel or Cass Elliot? Thanks for your time.

Answer
Hi Lee,

We are actually both right. Mama Cass Elliot did intoduce David to Graham. But the 3 of them came together at Joni Mitchell’s house. Stills & Crosby were working on some material together & Joni & Graham were dating. They all ended up at the same place at the right time. The rest, as they say, was history!!

I still love them. I’ll never tire of those harmonies. (And I have a forever crush on Graham Nash.)

Jan

And now I have a musical conspiracy theory…

Looking up Mama Cass on wiki it says:

Elliot gave birth to a daughter, Owen Vanessa Elliot, on April 26, 1967. She never publicly identified the father, but many years later, Michelle Phillips helped Owen locate her biological father. [8] Owen grew up to become a singer as well and toured with former Beach Boy Al Jardine…

Oh really? - now I wonder…
And Al Jardine in wiki had an album called “Papa Loved Mama”.

So I have no idea where I am going :slight_smile: