Crossword Clue Game

Not everyone logs on to the Dope daily. Some do it Monday to Friday. Some might have religious, priority, or family reasons for not logging on each day. I like this thread and wonder if posting new words on Monday, Wednesday and Friday would encourage participation. It might not.

Just my opinion… It can be a bit of a commitment to come up with 5 clues. Commitment meaning a few minutes rather than post and go. Perhaps try it more like the caption contest. That is, one clue per post, but post as many as you like.

Good idea, FastDan1. And Monday, Wednesday, and Friday is a good idea also, Doctor. Let’s try those, and see how they work. He’s one of mine, for now:

1. Part of IBM

A big part of the SBA

Posting five clues is better, unless you’re posting your best clue, or other clues better than that.

Based on the clues posted, I will wait a bit longer to decide. If you really like the game, you could consider a separate thread for a single clue game. This might encourage participation.

As am I. Figured I’d pop back in here and pick up where I left off - not so much.

I may or may not be back later with some BUSINESS clues, but judge at your convenience, Dr_Paprika.

What about three clues? Enough to be a challenge and get three good, unique ones. With five, a couple clues will be weaker or turn out to be unoriginal. I’d just as soon think about it once, and do it and be done. Of course, others may have a different opinion.

Although many clues are good, and a few are very clever - they are often similar. One can pick a winner based on Gestalt, if nothing stands out.

Sticking to the Monday, Wednesday, Friday thing, I’m going to give this one to Spoons. Any one else think 3 is a good compromise?

I like three. I usually submit at least two pretty weak ones anyway.

Sure, three is fine. I agree that it can be difficult to come up with five–I often end up with three good ones, and two that are weak in comparison.

Okay, the next word is:

WHIP.

1. Miraculous spread?
  2. Long liquorice label
  3. Lion tamer tool
  1. Cool or Dole
  2. If it’s cracking, you’re good
  3. Lashed, it’s a pain in the neck
  1. Assistant to Senate floor leader
  2. Devo’s suggested activity to it
  3. Lash known for its smartness
  1. Orange drink ordered by John Candy in The Blues Brothers
  2. Political enforcer
  3. Old car antenna

That worked well–we had decent participation, so let’s stick with the Monday-Wednesday-Friday format.

I did like Wheelz’s “Political enforcer,” but this one goes to Knowed_Out for this gem:

K_O, you’re up.

OK, the new word is CENTER.

FYI. Center was used on December 20th.

Ok, let’s change it to SHADE.

1. Roman or pleated
  2. Where you might have it made
  3. Throwing this may be an insult
  1. Disappears when a tree falls in the forest?
  2. Hazy winter sky?
  3. Expensive seats at the bullfight?
  1. With “tree,” kind of mechanic
  2. Hue’s opposite
  3. No sunbathing here