Cruise and Holmes engaged (to be married,obviously!)

Meh, I’d still do her.

You are missing the obvious here.

MICHAEL JACKSON IS XENU !!!

You have been warned.

You’ve got to admit it’d be tough to maintain, er, focus if she said “Honey, put on your tinfoil helmet on and close the door! I don’t want Xenu to see us!” while you were going at it.

I’m sure I could manage.

“Uh huh. It is some pretty nice weather we’ve been having.”

(grunt grunt)

-Joe

Huh. Y’all realize this is the second Bat-babe nailed by Cruise? I guess his fourth marriage will be to Yvonne Craig.

This whole thing is bizarre, yes, but I’m wondering if maybe there isn’t some kind of calculated plan behind it. Total speculation here, but how 'bout this? The Cruise camp gets wind of somebody getting ready to go to the tabloids with a story about the star. Let’s say…(ahem) a personal trainer or massage therapist about to blab to the tabloids about his affair with Cruise.

Well. The Scientologists go into overdrive and find a willing starlet, famous but hardly on the A-list, who just happens to have a summer blockbuster coming out. Be Tommy’s girlfriend, loudly and publically, and you’ll be on every talk show and magazine cover you can imagine. You’ll have to sign a contract and convert to Scientology and everything else will be taken care of.

I don’t know. Maybe something like this. It’s the only thing that makes sense with this over-the-top affection these two are displaying with each other.

Miss Hilton just can’t keep out of the news can she?! :mad: :wink:

I was just on the top of the Eiffel Tower at night a few weeks ago. It would be a beautiful place to propose marriage, if only we weren’t packed shoulder to shoulder with scores of other tourists.

Will Xenu be sitting on the bride’s side or the groom’s side?

There won’t be room. Too many thetans were invited.

Today the newspapers are saying “well, maybe this love is for real, since they are getting married.” Huh? In real life nobody thinks a love is more “real” if they rush into marriage after dating for just a few weeks. Especially with the big age difference.

And a note to Walloon, above - Could it be that’s why he picked a place like the Eiffel Tower? Yes, it may be romantic, but it’ was also crawling with tourists, photographers, reporters…

Yes, I’m a skeptic.
Yes, I’m still offended by his comments re Brooke Shields use of medicine for depression.
and
Yes, I still feel sorry for his kids. Lots of money doesn’t entirely make up for an idiot father.

I have not read anything about reporters and photographers being on the top of the Eiffel Tower with Cruise and Holmes. Have you?

He said he was up there early in the morning, which is the least busy time of day. Maybe that’s how he avoided the crowds.

According to Howard Stern (now that’s a dodgy way to start a post) Tom Cruise had an excellent publicist for years, and Tom recently fired her, replacing her with his sister. The old publicist knew enough to keep him mostly under wraps and tight-lipped. The sister is letting him run loose, and we’re all getting to see what an odd duck he’s been all along. Makes sense to me.

If I were Katie’s dad, I’d be arranging the kidnapping/deprogramming right about now.

Hey Walloon – Yes the reports I read did say there were crowds around them. Obviously these reports (and I) could very well be wrong about the crowds. Sorry.

Anyway, I still stand behind the rest of my post - skeptical, and amazed that anyone has such faith in such a short romance. I know there are some people who have fallen in love, married two weeks later and stayed married 50 years. But, like I say, I’m very skeptical that this is one of those instances.

And I wonder what Tom will do next to embarassas his kids.

I agree with hat Jurph said above. Also the bit about the publicist seems to make sense. Perhaps Nicole has a few more brains than I ever gave her credit for.

You didn’t see her on Letterman last week, I take it?

Maybe it’s just the “Letterman Effect”, but she could’ve given Katie a run for her money on SNL Celebrity Jeopardy that night.

I think you can find the same news from other sources, as I also heard it somewhere. Posted here via something else, I think.

Has anyone else noticed that Tom is doing the comb forward version of a combover? Yep, I think he’s having a little mid-life crisis.

Since Katie seems to think she’s going to be having babies sometime soon, I wonder whose sperm they’re going to use? Do Scientologists do cloning like that wacky French “religion”? Perhaps they can just extract some of his DNA from some cells and get the ball rolling that way?

Well, no. I don’t think we get Letterman here.