Cruise and Holmes engaged (to be married,obviously!)

:smack:

Must pay closer attention to Locations!

Tom’s previous marriages lasted longer than that. I will give them five years. What the heck, that’s half a year longer than Pitt and Aniston.

If they’re really in love, why haven’t they gotten each other’s names tatooed on their asses yet?

I was throwing away some old magazines this morning and came across an issue Vogue from September 2003. Nicole Kidman, glorious golden, feathered stauesque glory graces the cover. The headline reads "Nicole Kidman: On Beng an Icon. Below, in the bottom right corner is the title of an article, “Katie Holmes: Breaking Out of the Small Screen Box”

Ha! Guess she found a way. Miss Holmes must have looked at that and hatched a plan to be the one in golden feathered glory on the cover. Either that, or this was on top of the reading stack in the john at the Church of Scientology the day they needed ideas on how to revamp Mr. Cruise.

Bingo. Ex-Vanity Fair career train wreck Toby Young (second item down) sees three distinct forces at work: 1) troubles surrounding Mission: Impossible III (as noted first by the NYT), 2) Cruise replacing PR ace Pat Kingsley with his own sister (yeah, that’ll work), and 3) an increasingly decentralized, web-based mediascape/blogosphere, whose independent bloggers could soon be serving as an effective counterbalance to the image control wielded by celebrities and their armies of publicists.

[tinfoil hat on] I’m wondering just how erratic and mortifying Cruise’s behavior can get before the Sci-Fi church reels him into a retreat center for a “sabbatical” or somesuch, before his emotional instability completely discredits their official stance against the psychiatric establishment. Beginning, perhaps, with his wedding ceremony and honeymoon on the Hubbard Black Yacht…?[/hat]