Csi 5/15/08

So, uh, what happened to Warrick again? I missed the episode.

He was accused of killing a mobster that he’d had a beef with, but it turned out he was framed by a mole in the department. They discovered the mole (a cop) but thought there might be someone higher up pulling the strings. The CSIs discover the frame job and Warrick gets off. The last scene is a very artfully shot scene of all the CSIs having breakfast together, happy, laughing, and then they get up to leave individually. Warrick goes out to his car (after several suspenseful moments where it seems like something is going to happen and nothing does) and the police chief (I think it’s the chief–the boss, in any case) knocks on his window. He rolls it down, and the boss congratulates him on a job well done. Warrick thanks him, turns away to start his car, and the boss shoots him through the neck.

[spoiler]It was the Undersheriff, whom Grissom and Brass had talked to requesting that Warrick be allowed to keep his job with the LVPD, although Warrick was to be demoted. The decision as to whether to keep Warrick on was the Undersheriff’s, who decided instead to shoot him knowing that Warrick would continue to pursue the case, putting the Undersheriff’s involvement at risk of being discovered.

That about right?[/spoiler]

I disagree. He was a big part of the team, and IMHO all members of the team have their own demons to deal with. Some of the best writing on TV, and best character development.

I wonder what’s going to happen with Greg Sanders and his book?