Cuckolding more prevalent than we think?

So the Elbonian girl goes to her Mom and tells her that she thinks she may be pregnant. The Mom responds,“Well, child, are you sure its yours?”

Uh, oh. Here’s to hoping a certain someone won’t be changing his name to Major Lee Pissed.

Infidelity among monogamous mammals and birds: 90%

Infidelity study, sperm detection, item destroyed: $100

Home DNA test from a place with a black background and flashing neon banner: $280

Handing off the child support payments to Gerado, the itinerant Guatemalan landscape technician of your former home: Priceless.

Let’s remember that in some states the husband of a woman who gives birth is conclusively presumed to be the biological father and even DNA tests cannot get him out of it and the financial responsibility.

>a paternity test that would possibly shatter her family.<

Maybe that should have been considered before adultery shattered the family to begin with. It may seem noble to raise the bastard of an adulterous affair, but I wouldn’t.

Exactly so. In the state of Ohio, the Child Support Enforcement System requires no paternity testing for a child born in wedlock. The husband is deigned to be the father and child support orders will be issued to him.

Sucks.

In Indiana, a husband may be removed from that obligation if a DNA test shows he’s not the dad. Otherwise, he’s assumed to be the pop.

Boy, you guys sure are worried about this. Aren’t you? :smiley: What if the child “takes after” the mom’s side of the family.
How many of these replies are from women?
BTW; child support isn’t a fine, it’s a means of support for the child. Better the ‘wrong’ person than no one, huh.
Peace,
mangeorge

Blood-typing can be a fairly inaccurate way of determining legitimacy. When I was born, the doctor thought I was illegitimate because I have A- blood (a recessive gene) and both my parents have A+ (dominant). My mother realized what his horrified expression meant, and quickly explained that both her mother and my dad’s mother had A- blood, so they’re both carriers of the A- gene.

I’d rather it be no one than have it be me. I’ll take responsibility for my own actions, but to force me to take responsibility for somebody else’s is ridiculous. I’d go to jail first. I’ll be getting screwed either way, I figure in jail at least I wont have to work for it. I can’t beleive this is legal.

Ok, ravesaint, the rest of us will take responsibility so you don’t have to.
No problem.

When I was in the Navy many moons ago, the wife of a fellow swabby became pregnant. One morning he calls in and says his wife is in labor and they are going to the hospital. About noon he showed up at the shop and looked like he had lost his best friend. You hear stories of a kid popping out and it is obvious that the supposedly new father isn’t the father. Both the mother and SNFTITF are both fair skinned and blonde. The child was dark skinned with black hair. About the time she became pregnant they had a neighbor in the apartments they lived in named Jose. The mother’s first words when she was shown the baby?
“Oh shit.”

They rarely send you to jail; they just seize your property, garnish your wages and seize your bank accounts. If you end up in jail, it’s because they bankrupted you first.

The Child Support Enforcement Process

This is why I’m in favor of manditory DNA testing. If wives are whoring around, their husbands need to know.

Um… mangeorge… In the hypothetical (I’m a newlywed), if the cabana boy knocks up my wife I have no qualms with leaving the responsibility up to anyone but myself. ESPECIALLY not myself.

Do you really think ravesaint should pay to raise the child?

Do you really think he owns the responsibility for that birth? I don’t think ‘NO ONE’ should be on the hook for the child support, I think the FATHER should. Why in the hell would you ask the (hypothetical) cuckolded father to be responsible for the out-of-wedlock offspring of his (or her) cheating spouse?

I’ll assume, stockton that this hypothetical cabana boy is off in some far away romantic honeymoon-type place that isn’t about to be concerned about your paternity problems.
No child support from stockton, no child support from cabana boy.
So;
Ok, stockton, the rest of us will take responsibility so you don’t have to.
No problem.

Um…why would the “rest of us” have to take responsibility? Shouldn’t it be the responsibility of the whore?

Most often what happens is that that the dad never catches on and happily supports and raises the child as his own. Even though a divorce may interrupt his relationship with the mom.
When the child grows up, mom tells him/her but not the dad.
But I doubt the number is as high as ten per-cent.

Let me tell a story about my wifes friend:

She was a military wife, with one child already. When her husband was out in the field, she liked to go out and “party” with her friends from work. She ended up getting knocked up from one of her coworkers.

So she then tells her hubby she wants a divorce. Because she’s basicly a worthless wife, hubby gives her a divorce and then gets out of the service and goes back home to his home state(Missouri)

In the meantime, the whore wife gives birth to coworkers baby. She tells ex-hubby that she won’t go after child support, just for him to send her money whenever he can. Ex-hubby agrees.

2 years later, the whore wife files for child support(did I mention that Kalifornia has a 2 year limit for men to contest paternity?) So, little ex-hubby is stuck for paying child support for a child that is not his. The thing is, this child is Mexican and dark, and he is White. His ex-wife kept the child hid from him for the whole 2 years.

My ex-wife’s friend, as soon as her husband found out she was pregnant he ran off with some nazi skin head. never to be seen again.
Shit happens.
I don’t care enough to let the kid starve.

Why would the kid starve? Is the mother too lazy to work? If she’s too lazy to work, is she too lazy to go get food stamps?