Cultures where death in battle was the greatest death

I’m trying to figure out an accurate compendium of cultures and societies throughout history where a man dying on the battlefield fighting the enemy (as opposed to tripping and impaling himself) was considered a very positive thing for that individual - granting his posthumous self or his family great honour in his society or a promised reward in the afterlife, thus having the society positively encourage this act.

So far I’ve only thought of four fitting what I’m thinking of but I’m sure you can help me add to them;

• The Vikings, where death in battle brought honour to a warrior and a reward in the afterlife with Odin or Freya.
  • The samurai, where falling in battle for ones lord was ultimate proof of loyalty and the highest form of honour.
  • The Aztecs, where warriors who fell in battle would join the sun god in death. A fate they share with women who die in childbirth, curiously.
  • Sparta, where soldiers were told to come home ‘with your shield, or on it’. Soldiers who fell in battle were the only ones in Spartan law entitled to an engraved headstone; along with mothers who died giving birth, a neat parallel with Aztec culture.

Can you help expand the list?

LA gangs (just the turf war type and not the drug-related ones.)

Not so curious; many cultures throughout history viewed childbirth as the female equivalent to battle. In the Middle Ages expectant mothers were advised to prepare a shroud, and confess their sins as often as possible so they’d be in a state of grace. IIRC death in childbirth admitted women to Valhalla too.

You forgot Klingons.