Cumming First

Maybe this has been on the board before, but not lately. I was listeneing to Neal Boortz today and there was a discussion obout the subject of this post. They discussed the Method and the Siemens production in the area.
There is even a website at www.cummingfirst.com

and info on the production at

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/250251/my_plant_tour_of_a_siemens_facility.html

Wait, is this about orgasms or not?

I’m thinking not. Made me look for nuthin’. Bah. :stuck_out_tongue:

I like Cumming.

slight hijack

I think there’s a Tyson Foods factory there that makes all the Tyson frozen entrees.

/sh

I used to work at Siemens (if you mean the Alpharetta plant, near Cumming).

Cumming is the seat of Forsyth County, Georgia. It’s one of those places where, early in the 20th century, some real or imagined crime was used as an excuse to kick out all – as in all – the black people, steal their property, and keep the county 100.0% white for many years thereafter. But during the last twenty years, a lot of companies have opened up shop in the county because of the low tax rates, and have brought in people of other shades, many of whom are heathen foreigners. Now the population of the county has doubled, many of the people are brown, and there’s not a goddamn thing the county’s aging white racists can do about it.

(Not saying, of course, that all the white people living there before were racists. But racism has dominated the history of the county. An erstwhile girlfriend of mine, a nurse of mixed black-and-white parentage, was helping with a blood drive in Cumming at the courthouse. An old man pointed to a big oak tree and told her, “We used to hang y’all from that tree.”)

I prefer Cumming Last, because I always fall asleep afterward.

I live across the river from Cumming.

There’s probably a term for the situation where you meet someone with a funny name and it’s a measure of your sophistication that you’re receptive during that nanosecond where he introduces himself and signals “and don’t bother; I’ve heard all the jokes.”

They’ve heard all the jokes.

First, last–just so long as you’re cummingtonite, does it really matter?