Cupcakes anyone?

I haven’t made cupcakes in forever but this website got me salivating about those lovely little frosted bits of cakey goodness. Anyone have some super yummy recipes I should try when I get home this evening??? Or I suppose I could just order up a bunch from these folks and scarf them all down… :smiley:

I have no recipies, but I thought that I would mention that I just found an awsome cupcake shop in the Los Angeles area. It’s called Sprinkles and the make the best freakin cupcakes I have ever tasted.

Cupcakes rock!

I made some cupcakes in response to the other cupcake thread. You know, the one with the school birthday party or whatever it was. Anyway, they really sucked, so how do you make them to at least cake mix standards from non-mix stuff? Not dry and crumbly.**

There is a beautiful cupcake blog here, and she has great recipes.

Most basic cake batters should make pretty good cupcakes – as long as you don’t bake them too long! When I’m making cupcakes instead of a regular cake, I start by checking them at 10 minutes (assuming the regular cake bakes for 20-30 min), and check them every couple of minutes after that. It might surprise you how little time it takes for cupcakes to bake (and then cool, which is great!).

Also, check out the Cupcake Queen. She posts most of her recipes. I haven’t tried any of them yet, but they sure look good! :slight_smile:

Thank you stargazer, just what I was looking for. Now, off to the store and the cupcake extravaganza can begin!