Bad hair days, those I can tolerate every once in awhile, but a bad hair MONTH!!?
I have very thick, curly, wavy hair that has a mind of it’s own most days. Usually it looks pretty decent and I get frequent compliments, such as “Wow, is that your natural curl?” (Always makes my day when someone says that!)
But lately my hair has been more on the frizzy side and it’s driving me crazy. It also seems to be kind of lifeless and not as healthy looking as usual. I’ve started taking vitamins daily to see if that helps, but still frizz city. Plus it feels dry and straw-like most days. I use conditioner every day and curl enhancing balms but they don’t seem to help. I don’t know if I’m using too much or too little.
A couple other things I have tried:
- Have read somewhere that using shampoo daily contributes to frizziness, so I do a “conditioner wash” about every other day where I just wet down my hair and use light conditioner and rinse
- Use a diffuser on my hair dryer so I’m not blowing the hair out straight
- Have tried stuff like the John Frieda “Frizz-Ease” but I found those products totally ineffective
Any ideas on any other products or strategies I can use to get my hair back to it’s normal frizz-free curliness?