Dammit, news editor, read the AP Stylebook before I throw it at your fucking forehead

Not only is *Last Crusade * better than Temple of Doom, it is also (except for the absence of Karen Allen) better than Raiders.

You might want to leave one of these on his desk when he tries to submit an article. I used them in various locations on my college campus, as our school newspaper is a travesty. It includes phrases like “wrongness”, “Octoberber” (on all the even page headers), and “7,ooo”, inconsistent and poor page layout, and articles that seem like an eighth grader wrote them, including articles written by the editor-in-chief.

Thirty-six hours!

:slight_smile:

I remember listening while you groused about your colleagues, Eve (and hi, by the way! still got the same e-mail?). I never understood how you kept going in to work every day without winding up atop a tower feeling in your purse for more bullets.

I fail to see the problem. She wants jam him, in his entirety, into his own eye socket, and she wants to use her red pen as a tool to that end. Damn, I’d pay to see that.

Ah! I may not have to, although the impulse will never truly die.

I just got off the phone with the editor-in-chief, who told me he’s buying Dumbass News Editor a brand new AP Stylebook for his own personal use. We have an old-school 1998 Stylebook, but anything that isn’t covered there we’ve had to Google AP archives for to see what they use. :slight_smile: Hopefully he’ll take the hint! I’ll check back in after working on the next issue to see what effect, if any, the new purchase had.

They’re just hoping DNE will take a hint? Aw, that’s too bad. In my experience, people don’t take hints.