Damn Canadian Geese

But other than that, Captain Sullenberger, how was your flight?

My wife had a problem with magpies nesting in the trees around her office building. They would attack people all the time. Fish and Game would come and remove the eggs, but the damn things knew who he was and what his truck looked like, so would start dive bombing him as soon as he pulled up. He took to wearing disguises and parking a block away. Smart birds.

When I was in high school a Canada Goose tried to charge a bus full of students.

The bus won.

The bus was driving down the highway and the goose went through the winshield and bounced down the centre aisle hitting students on the way down. Luckily the goose hit the window in its centre and the driver ducked out of the way. No one was seriously hurt (except the goose, who sadly did not make it) but it did make for a great story for the kids involved.

I was surprised to see someone get the bird’s name correct, hardly anyone I know ever does. Good job, racer72.
(Otherwise, I have nothing to add to this conversation. :D)

As the bird approached the bus, he tried to get the attention of the students and was heard to shout while pointing at the window, “Duck! Duck!” Goose!"

Wow, that was actually a pretty good joke. (I didn’t know moderators could be funny:p)

Lake Elizabeth in Fremont Central Park, right? When did they start with the border collies? I used to walk there regularly, then took a break of a year or more. When I went back a few weeks ago the absence of Canada Geese was striking. There were a few non-Canada geese, though. Do the collies distinguish between them, or do they only patrol certain areas of the park?

I’ve been attacked by those Canada Goose shit factories but the worst bird attack I experienced was a swan. Real mean. And they really seem like they want to kill you and would if they could.

I did the same thing on my first trip to Ottawa.:smack: