Damn

This made my head hurt. I must hate you on general principles now. :stuck_out_tongue:

And may I just note that this is the second time in the last week that “Convoy” has been referenced in threads that I’ve been reading and both times now the damn cheesy thing got stuck in my head for days. The melody, anyway. I don’t remember the words either…

Here ya go, jayjay, Convoy

Enjoy! <snigger>

**Desmostylus, ** I hate you. :slight_smile:

When come back, bring cat food pie.

Yeah, this board was better way back when-how. Now it ain’t never gonna be any good no-how.

In my day, we made intelligent, coherent, witty rants… uphill, both ways!

We never should have made the transition from quill pens; I’m tellin ya, that was technology that really worked.

What transition, Mangetout? I stuck with the pen the whole way through. Granted, it was tough at first, but OCR is pretty goool tlnese olays.

Quill pens, my ass! I never could get those things to work right–ruined all my tunics and togas with ink stains.
No sir, I’m sticking with my good old wax tablsts and stylii!

Happen to notice my username, Dr. Rieux? Know what it means? :slight_smile:

Wax?
Jeebus, what a techno-geek. Ain’t nuthin better than my stone tablet and chisel. Tough on the moniter, tho…

You guys had chisels?

Luxury!

We had to repeatedly spit at the stone tablets in order to carve characters out.

That’s because our hands had fallen off from scrubbing the floor in the morning when we had to wake up half an hour before we went to bed. In a wet box in the middle of a parking lot. Uphill, and in the snow. Right after our father beat his up with his belt, and shot us 26 times.

Spit?

The Luxury!

we had to wait until our stomachs started to digest themselves, and use the resulting stomach lining bile as a crude form of spittle.

And we had no muscles to project it either! They were worn away from chewing the rock into tablet form.

we had no control over what words were formed, but it was honest!

You must think the sun shines OUT OF YOUR ARSE!

Pffft - what I would give to be shot up just 26 times… Pffffft

Try hanging upside down for 28 years then? Go on? See how you go?

Ahhhh… those were the days… real discipline I tell you!

Madkins, mind if I just call you Prometheus for short?

And I distinctly remember something about a dozen long haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse micro bus.

Rocks? Digestive systems? Back in MY day, we didn’t have any of these new-fangles particles. If you wanted something, you snatched quantua out of the quantoum froth, condensed them into subatomic particles, assembled the resulting protons and electrons into elements. Of course, some of us didn’t even have a reliable quantoum froth! That’s right! We had to create our own pocket universes if we wanted any matter/energy or space/time!
I’d tell you more about the good old days, but the strong nuclear force in my knee is acting up again. See, we had proper forces back in the old days. None of this newfangled gravity or electomagnetism. 1 force, that was it. Why, I remember when…

Whooo hoooo! Another one to bog us down with unintelligent conversation…

You know, Madkins, you sound so much like the kids at my highschool. I’m assuming you’re probably under 18? (I am, too, so I can ask that and hopefully not have anyone yell at me about it, because I can vouch for the fact that there are gasp intelligent teenagers.) You know, dealing with a lot of the people I know IRL in highschool, I sometimes feel like banging my head against the wall and declaring that humans will go the way of the dodo bird. One of the things that I like about this board is the intelligent conversation. cause, like, omg, o u r so totaly like 1 of the stoopid peeps u think we complain bout i bet youll, like, be, like, realy popular here*

Spelling, lack of capitalization, and everything else that is giving everyone a headache from those last two sentences I apologize for. I simply thought that that might be something that might have a chance of getting through Madkins head.

Yep, I’ve had to deal with one to many lazy, unintelligent people lately.

Was that a Bubb Rubb refererence?

Now, now. He only skipped 7 capital letters. You just used an extra 13. Now he has to post again to balance things out.