[QUOTE=Daffyd]
I saw Dan at least 7 times in concert. I had been checking his website for the past year or so hoping he’d tour again - somehow I thought he was going to make it. ![]()
My favorite memory was going to his “Exiles” concert - where Dan came out in full leather with an electric guitar and started to ROCK - which freaked out most of his fans, and about 50% of them walked out… I stayed through the whole concert, and Exiles ended up becoming one of my favorite albums. From what I remember, he had just broken up with his first (?) wife and was pissed off at the world - and showed it on that album / at that concert.
Went to another of his concerts that was acoustic only - which might surprise a lot of people… but it was in a tiny hall, with about 200 people total, and Dan on a stool playing an acoustic guitar - nothing else except a piano player… I never wanted that night to end.
He’ll always be in my heart.
[/QUOTE]
Wow, I’d give my right.. well, something, to have seen him in such an intimate venue.
psychobunny, Run for the Roses always makes me cry, as do several of his other tunes. I have no idea why.