Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?

I have a bowl of dark chocolate Dove Bites on my table, right now. I don’t know about the bars, but the Bites are still around. I know some people sneer at Dove, but it’s the best textured dark chocolate I’ve tried. And, I’ve tried most of the “gourmet” brands. Most of them are too waxy.

Dark, no question, no way, no how.

Dark, baby. Dark. Mmmm. Food of the gods.

milk.
If anyone lives near me, I have a really nice bar of real Belgian Chocolate, with 86% cocoa content.
My BF, who adores really black chocolate, says it’s too dark (bitter) even for him.
Anyone want to take it off my hands?
free of charge, I promise.
I’ll even post it.

any takers?

elfje, is Malmö, Sweden close enough?

sure, this was first come, first serve basis.

if you dare risk it, email me an address i can send it to, and i’ll post it.
that ok?
one condition, though, you have to let me know what you thought of it.

:slight_smile:

deal?

Dark all the way (and black coffee with no sugar, I think there may be something to that theroy). Milk just tastes like sugar not chocolate. Dark chocolate is increasingly hard to find in "mainstream’ brands though, are we all being sweetened up for the kill?
I’m not a chocoholic, a bar will last me weeks…one square at a time. But when I NEED chocolate I don’t think 12 bars of milk chocolate would work, but one square of slowly sucked dark soothes the savage beast.

Just curious would other dark choccy lovers consider themselves ‘sweet’ or savoury’ people? I always seek out savoury more then sweet and I think that is part of the reason dark chocolate is so satisfying, it’s the flavour not the sugar craving.

p.s I had an unpoened Terrys’ dark chocolate orange in my fridge, unopened since Easter until I read this thread. Three segments down now. BUGGER.

Milk. For the one-two times I’ll have chocolate in a year, I want something that’s delicious and sweet, not bitter.

Bottom line: any chocolate (that has cocoa in it - I don’t consider “white chocolate” chocolate) will do.

When possible, I definitely want dark, but will each milk when dark is not available.

Dark. My favourite is semisweet baking chocolate - cheap and plentiful and easy to find.

I also can’t stand the taste of milk, which may be why I avoid milk chocolate.

Yes, I agree that too much sweetness interferes with the delicious, magical flavour of cocoa and of coffee (which I drink black, no sugar) … but not of Earl Gray Tea (splash of soy milk, one sugar), for some reason.

Jomo Mojo - there’s a recipe for Mexican hot chocolate in Like Water for Chocolate, a fantastic book BTW. I don’t remember any hot peppers, although it sounds intriguing …

calm kiwi

here’s a link on how to keep chocolate with retaining its best flavour.

Enjoy!
http://www.chocolateaffair.com/storage.htm

apparantly, chocolate needs some time to to acclimatize

:slight_smile:

Dark, the darker the better.

MMMMMM

Black coffee with a BIG chunk of Dark Chocolate.

Dark. Only Philistines eat milk chocolate.

Don’t even get me started on white “chocolate”.

::drools::

::leaves office to buy dark chocolate::

Darkity-dark-dark for me…

I even get the Special Dark syrup for my chocolate milk…mmmm!

I prefer dark chocolate but not to the exclusion of milk. If it has stuff in it (Butterfinger Bells at Christmas time, etc. I like milk chocolate just fine. Plain chocolate is a different story. Dark all the way. Sometimes I fill the candy bowl at work with Dove Promises. I agree with Davebear they have a very pleasing texture.

Rice or nuts don’t bother me but raisins, feh! The Dark Kit Kat didn’t win me over. I do like Milky Way Dark though (or Midnite I think they call it now).

I don’t drink coffee at all and if I were ever going to it would have to be almost half milk with about 4 sugars. BF, who does drink his coffee black with no sugar does not like chocolate much.

I don’t care for white chocolate at all.

Dark, dark. Those Hersheys Midnight Milky Ways are good in a pinch.

I’m ashamed that the sissies representating Sweden in Brussels managed to block an EU decision prohibiting the stuff that passes for chocolate here to be called chocolate.