David Blaine in a box

That must be where he gets his mystical “powers” from.

Haven’t heard Blaine claim to have gen-you-ine mystical powers yet, but I’ll keep an ear open the next time I see him. I agree, that would be major ass-hat-ery…

Blaine’s a clever man. He knows how to generate publicity. Some of the stuff he’s done has been pretty remarkable and you can’t criticize him for being a showman. That’s what magicians do.

Having said that, certain aspects of his public persona do get on my nerves. But I wouldn’t take any of his public utterances too seriously. It’s all part of building up a mystique. Have any of you seen the live ‘interview’ he did a while back for UK breakfast TV? His involvement never went further than repeating a spaced out “Heurgh.” The poor interviewer was totally flummoxed, but couldn’t get a proper word out of him. It was the weirdest interview, but all a calculated part of building Blaine’s weird persona.

The endurance tasks, however, are beginning to get a bit old-hat, not to mention pointless. He could also do with giving Uri a much wider berth.