"Day of the Dead; Bloodline" - horrible, cheesy Zombie badness on Netflix (spoiler-ish)

The premise was a novel one, a woman is pursued by some jerk who tried to rape her before he got zombified, but he didn’t completely zombify, portions of his anatomy (brain, heart, lungs) are alive, the rest, dead (don’t try to think this one through, it’s a Zombie movie, and not a very good one)

overall, a forgettable movie, not even worth viewing, don’t waste your streaming data…

one scene, however, really stood out and pulled me completely out of the movie (not that I was immersed in it anyway), as a sport shooter and firearms fan, it stood out like a rotting thumb…

the lead male character is about to commit suicide with what appears to be a standard 9mm Glock handgun, most likely a G17 or G19, throughout the movie, the firearms used appeared authentic and the cast trigger discipline was actually decent, (as a gun hobbyist, you tend to notice these things…), but as the lead male character raised the gun to his temple, the camera switched to an extreme closeup of the gun against his head…

…and right below the ejection port in white lettering, it read;
6mm BB, sharp and in focus (the manufacturer logo was out of focus though)
….it was a bloody AIRSOFT gun!:smack::smack:

yes, I know, safety of the cast and all, but they didn’t even bother to disguise the fact it was an Airsoft gun, at the very least, black out the white lettering on the slide, someone in continuity was asleep at the wheel here!

sorry, as a firearms hobbyist, I just find these types of obvious screwups amusing…

…after all, they were clearly using what appeared to be standard prop guns elsewhere in the film, with proper muzzle diameters and the like…

….I guess you have to be into the hobby to find this amusing…

When you’re rooting for the zombie(s) to finish off every stoopid person in the camp, you’ve found rock-bottom horror.

Do yourself a favor, watch, “The Girl with All the Gifts,” for a few novel twists to the genre. The young lady who stars is phenomenal.

They tried to make the viewer root for the head scientist lady running from Mr. RapeyZombie and her current love interest, Mr. SuicideWithAirsoftGuy, and portrayed the head military officer (and brother to MSWAG) as the “bad guy”, but if everyone had simply FOLLOWED his orders, which were very practical and logical, EVERYONE would have survived!

I was rooting for the head military officer and the zombies.

IMHO the only remake of a Romero movie that worked was the 1990 version of Night of the Living Dead, and that was because Romero and Savini were behind it. The remake of Dawn of the Dead also works a generic zombie film with homages to the original and not as a remake.

^ “We’re goin’ to the mall!” :smiley: