Dear Drunken Persecuted Fucking Bastard

A month ago a drunk killed a college stutent I’d known since a baby.
Half a week ago a guy about 21 crashed his motorcycle driving drunk less than a mile from my home. I had just complained to the Sheriff about the weed choked intersection near it to prevent a deadly accident. It got cut, but that doesn’t help when a driver is driving drunk. It’s a spot that when accidents occur somebody usually dies. The guy had a friend on the cycle at the time. The friend walked to a friend’s house instead of stopping at the Sheriff’s to report the accident. The Sheriff’s building is close to the accident, and would have been closest to report the accident. I guess the person was thinking he would be in trouble for being wasted. There have been a bunch of drunks driving and killing somebody in July in Wisconsin. My brother works with a person that is in the military, and they have a bit more than a month left before their free. They are to be sent to Iraq with one month left before they’d be done. The guy had a friend die driving drunk. No surprise that his other good friend just killed himself driving drunk in a stooper over the other dead friend. This guy hasn’t been to work starting Monday, and he’s freaked out saying no way is he going back to Fucking Iraq. Will he die in a drunken stooper too, or maybe in a showdown. Why the fuck do people get hammered and Fucking drive. Once again you will never get my sympathy when you are inconvenienced by losing your fucking driving license. I will always tell you to shut the fuck up when you are seeking pity for what they took from you. You are likely to take something more important driving drunk you fucking scumbag.

Just so you know, it’s spelled stupor.

I tried to get it right and this odd spelling is what kept popping up. I was trying stuper and google kept correcting to stooper. Damn piece of shit. What’s sad is google does better than my word processor, that suggests nothing.

I totally agree, but that’s a rant for a different day.

Why do people get fucking wasted and drive? That’s a good goddamned question.

The drunker you are, the less stupid an idea it seems.

Bam. Sad but true.

When I was a teen, a friend of mine was killed in a drunk driving accident. The next night, some mutual friends held a memorial service for him. Not so much a service, actually, as a party. Everyone got good and wasted.

Drunken stoopidity knows no bounds.

Not defending drink-drivers, but depending where you’re drinking, there may not be any public transport/affordable taxi rides available to get you home, and if the alternative is either sleeping in a doorway or taking your chances that there aren’t any RBTs on the road that night, there are rather a lot of people out there who’d prefer to take their chances that they won’t get breathalysed on the way home.

These people fail to realise that the reason drink-driving is illegal (hence the RBTs) is, well, because drunk people have a tendency to crash cars into things, and those things are far too often other cars, which ends ups severely injuring or even killing innocent people.

I’d suggest you guys in the US lower your BAC to .05 as it is here in Australia, but I suspect that would lead to armed rebellion and widescale civil disorder if it got anywhere near actually being implemented…

In my town, last February, 5 high school kids died because they got into a car with a 20-something, that ‘allegedly’ was 3X the legal limit. The next week, after a period of community mourning, several more teens, from the same HS were busted for being drunk while driving.

A few weeks ago, in the northern 'burbs, a couple was convicted for allowing teens to drink at their home, that later got into a car. Two dead. The night after the verdict, some of the same kids that testified at the trial, including two who were at the house that night, and one who WAS IN THE F-ING CAR WITH TWO OF HIS DEAD FRIENDS were caught sneaking out of a house with liquor.

I sit on my living room floor right now, happily drunk. Knowing my 21 yr old daughter is 30 miles away, in the town she goes to college in, and just called to tell me she had A DRINK, so will just spend the night there, and is that ok? She’s a 2 block walk from the bar to the apartment she’s staying at.

Hell yes it’s ok, it’s what I taught her. Drink=don’t drive.

I think “I don’t want to go back to Iraq” is a pretty good place to start if you’re looking for reasons one might have for getting completely trashed and then driving. No mystery here, folks.

Oh, and “I’m an idiot high school kid who wants to fit in” is a good place to start looking for reasons those idiot high school kids (who just want to fit in!) would drink and drive.

People fuck up. All the time.

The first year that I taught school, I stood with my students at the window and watched the funeral procession of another student pass the school. He had been hit and killed by a drunk driver. His name was Steve.

That was almost thirty-eight years ago. I don’t drink and drive.