Dear Mel Gibson........

Ho-ly fuck!

I don’t care how well he directs, he sucks as a gangsta rapper.

Though I think a gangsta rap video directed by and starring Mel Gibson would be the first thing he’s been in that’s worth watching since Lethal Weapon IV.

This is pretty much how I felt when I learned of this.

So long Mel. You had a good run.

I’m talking about the movie he’s made as a director. One of his concepts was a movie focusing exclusively on the scourging and crucifixion of Jesus in extended, fetishistically graphic detail, with the dialogue entirely done in Aramaic and Latin with no subtitles.

he did get the movie made. he had to compromise on subtitles, but he got everything else.

Also, see Apocalypto, which was about ancient Mayans, with dialogue done in Mayan.

The whole idea of retaining genuine languages for historical languages is one I like and admire him for pursuing.

Braveheart was another fairly sucsessful directorial effort on Gibson’s part, by the way.

I have never liked him, and have thought him racist ever since the drunk driving incident, but this is a whole 'nother level. He sounds unstable and violent. (to be fair, who knows what she is saying to him–they sound like they deserve each other). I, too, feel sorry for their child.

I haven’t wanted to see a Gibson movie in decades. I see no reason to change my mind. Buh-bye, Mel. Enjoy obscurity.

What do you know about her which leads you to believe she deserves that?

Before the tape’s existence was known and all we knew was she filed a restraining order, I believed her.

After his DWI, I refused to pay for anything that he’s a part of. If something I really, really like (Lethal Weapon, e.g.) is on free tv, I will occasionally watch it. Where I could almost separate the actor from the person for works he did before his tirade, all I am going to see now when I see his face is another crazy lunatic, physically and mentally and verbally assaulting anyone he wants.

I hope he is shunned and gone. I don’t care how much people say he’s a great guy in person. He’s obviously not great if he decides you’re pissing him off.

I would like to see Mel Gibson fight Russell Crowe. From the beginning to the very end. I imagine it would start with Mel getting his drink on and throwing obscure but well-crafted insults. Russell would inflate with rage, grab an innocuous but sturdy household item and the fight would be on.

I don’t normally pay money to see things, but I would for this.

I don’t know what she deserves, (my guess is not too fucking much) but she is obviously a gold-digger’s gold-digger, having kids with TWO different wealthy, famous, married men (Mel Gibson and Timothy Daulton) so it seems to me that she is primarily skilled at offering up her dripping Russian cuzzie to any rich star that cums a-calling…

Mel Gibson is a piece of shit and a world class hypocrite who would make Jim Bakker blush, but his girlfriend is right next to him in the latrine of life, swimming in a puddle of semen and feces for a free ride thru life and some easy (whorehaus) money…

Huh. So it’s a ‘pack’ of wild niggers. I would have guessed a murder or maybe a gaggle. But I guess it’s a pack.

ETA: If Mel makes a movie tomorrow that I think looks awesome, I will be paying my ticket to see it. I assume all types of stars are capable of this type of shit. Doesn’t factor into the art, for me.

I agree, besides, why should I deny myself a good movie just because some racist dickwad was involved.

It’s the “wild” that gets me. A “pack of niggers” would be the typical vicious spew you could get from practically any racist sewer mouth, but "a pack of *wild *niggers! This takes it out of the urban context and gives it a feral, exciting flavor. Almost Maurice Sendak like it makes me yearn to join the wild niggers on their ecstatic rampage.

I am not defending Mel Gibson in any way. I have had a difficult time watching his movies since the reports of the first drunken anti-Semitic rage-fest. But, I have to think one of two things.

First, he’s been this way for a very long time, and he’s just been able to hide it from the public until recently. That, to me, seems astonishingly lucky, given how much of a celebrity he is. It would seem to me that if this was his normal thought process, there would at least have been hints of it, if not outright reports of it, before now.

The second is that he’s experiencing some sort of degenerative brain disease, like early-onset Alzheimers, which is leading to outbursts of rage and profanity. The level of vitriol and utter ugliness in this rant and the one against the cop seem to me just too out-of-control to have been kept under wraps for his entire career.

If I must, I want to point out that apparently I misquoted Brother Gibson in my OP, and added the “wild” myself (he actually just said “pack of niggers”) embellishing the quote in a frenzy of self-righteous indignation, as befits a Doper who is decrying racism in high places…

There are some alcoholics who would be less likely to recover mental health through sobriety, than through a lateral move to heroin.

And they do it . . . in the THUNDERDOME! With conveniently-placed polearms and chainsaws! :smiley:

Sigh…

How about GWA (Gibson With Attitude)

His only defense is a doctor’s note saying he got turrets syndrome after getting beaten up by a pack of wild Canadians.

Aw man, not the Thunderdome again! Can’t we just get beyond Thunderdome?

When it came to historical accuracy, Braveheart sucked donkeyballs*. (For a good Scottish historical movie, I reccomend Rob Roy with Liam Neeson)

Two men enter! One man leaves!