Death wishes.

I am currently collecting pill bottles into which my ashes shall be stuffed and as they non-squeamish are walking out they’re supposed to take as many as they want and dump them where they think I deserve to be.

That’s my plan, at least. :wink:

Well, my wish would be to have at least some of my DNA not just blasted into space but but to be blasted into a trajectory that would eventualy lead me outside of the solar system going who knows where.

That way, a million years from now, some super advanced space aliens will find me and reconstruct my DNA just for shits and grins.

Then of course after that, I’ll be tap’n more Orion Slave girl ass than you can shake a stick at.

But in reality I’ll probaby just let some med students slice and dice me.

Or you might end up as the Orion Sex Slave yourself. Be careful of what you wish for… :D;)

I used to think I’d be going for the “harvest all useful bits, BBQ & scatter the rest” plan, although recently I saw something (I think here, but I’m not sure) that made me reconsider… Now I think I’d like to be buried with “wake me when the zombie apocalypse comes” on the headstone :slight_smile:

Harvest what can be used, cremate the rest. Since I will be elsewhere, if it gives my family more comfort to keep the ashes in a memorial garden (bottom of the page at Epiphany Cathedral) - go for it. If not I like the idea of reef balls. Whichever gives my family more comfort.

I’m stealing that. I always wanted to be buried in some historically contentious artefacts, like a Ptolemaic period Bes mask with a Gaultier conical bra.

Also, hello again yams!! I always liked your posts.

I want a woodland burial - in a shroud/cardboard box and dropped under a tree. No specific location given to family, and the decay chemicals/plant life mark the woodland site as unsuitable for development for centuries.

My physical bits are no use to anyone else due to chronic Hep B, otherwise I would also have them strip my carcass first.

Si

I have specified that I do not want to be embalmed and I do not want any sort of ceremony or service or viewing. I want to be put in a cardboard box ASAP and burned to a crisp. I want my ashes dumped in the Gulf of Mexico.

The little containers for glucometer test strips would actually be perfect for this … they are just a tiny bit smaller than old school film cans, are a nice glossy black plastic with the lid actually attached to the container.

found a picture:smiley:

I can start saving them for you :smiley:

You can go to a body farm to be studied as decomp/insect life cycle/god knows what else [i could ask my sister in law, she used to work at a body farm]

You can be used as a test body for destructive body armor tests/vehicle accident tests [the military used corpses to test how protective certain forms of body armor was]

You can be used in anatomy for students to dissect, to learn how the body is put together - can’t really learn surgery on the job as it were.

Pull a burning permit ( $10 for the year) and throw my body on the bonfire.

BYOB and all the old ugly poor-years furniture over and build a huge pyre. Toss my carass on top of it all and light me up.

Get Drunk.
Get Rid of furniture that is too good to donate and too nasty for the main room of the house.
Party of a life time.

After the fire is gone, dig a hole and plant a tree. Something that will produce alot of nuts.

I’m sure there are some legal bits that need to be done.
Failing that, I would like to be flung by a trebuchet. I don’t care where I land because I’ll be dead.

Twanged into a tree!

Donate what’s usable, cremate the rest and bury the ashes in the back yard next to the cats (the ones that are already dead and buried back there).

I hope I live long enough to fly into a black hole. :wink:

Manikarnika ghat, Varanasi.

Buried and I got some stuff ready to be dropped in the box with me. I am really into living history and have taken advantage of things learned through the study of grave goods. Enough so that I really want to leave some of my own behind. Will they ever be seen? Probably not. But I like the idea and the link it gives me to the past I’ve enjoyed re-creating.

I would like to be buried someplace where I can feed some trees. Not sure about the legalities and all that - I suppose I should look into it.

Once anything useful has been harvested, I’d like to be buried with as little toxicity as possible - no embalming, etc.

Buried under a tree would be awesome.

If it were legal I would like a big party with a giant bonfire up on a hill somewhere where they could cremate me. There would be a rock band playing all my favorite songs, and plenty of food and drink for everyone.

In reality I will be quietly cremated and have my ashes scattered somewhere.

The more I think about it, the more I think the only ethical choice is to donate organs, then to medicine/science as needed, and cremate whatever’s left (apparently it’s a one-year commitment…after a year, the remains are returned to the family). I really don’t care what happens to the ashes afterwards, so that can be up to whichever family members have the most emotional need to do whatever they want with them!

My grandmother had this article - or one very much like it - cut out and placed in with her will. She was too old and ill to donate any organs when she died, so the family decided to simply cremate and bury the urn in her husband’s plot.