Default view now sorted by "Replies". How do I change this?

I use the Straight Dope Light Interface.

I’m used to seeing the most recent posts first wham I go into a forum or view a list of the latest posts, etc. So, sorted by “Activity”

Today, I discovered the default view when I look at a forum or any list has changed to being sorted by “Replies” (highest reply count first, which has many threads from 15-20 years ago.

How do I go back to a default view of the latest threads on top? I haven’t fiddled with anything in my profile and I can’t find any selection that determines the default list view.

Click on “Activity” !
It’s like most applications; clicking on a column header will sort it by that column.
You should see an arrow by the column header which it is currently sorting on.
Clicking on the same header will reverse the sort order.
You probably accidentally clicked on “Replies”

I know how to sort by latest first. And that’s what I am now doing. What has happened is my default view has become “Replies” sorted. A side effect is that the pinned threads no longer show up on top of the forum when I click into it.

Clicking on Activity so everything is sorted latest first, clicking out of the forum, and then back in results in everything being sorted by the number of replies.

How do I go back to the default views I had two days ago?

OK- closing the browser and reopening the SDMB fixed it. :man_facepalming: I still wonder how it got into the state it did. I noticed that the “Latest” was highlighter at the top of the screen, but the sorting was by the number of replies. Something got bollixed up.

Probably a bad cache for the site. If your browser is configured to clear cache when closed (which I think is the default for most browsers, it’s helpful) then that would explain why restarting the browser fixed it.

It’s just a thing that happens.