Delay in prosecution of Trump

Warning for dolfinwriter and probably suspension coming up for ignoring mod instructions to end the hijack and a completely belligerent tone in P&E that is only reasonable for The Pit. At very least you are officially banned from this thread.

Prior Modnote:

To EVERYONE, please do not reply any further to dolphinwriter.

Modding: This is an official warning. You have insulted every other poster in this thread. Any further posting in this thread will result in a suspension.

@Hari_Seldon, please note that What_Exit already gave him a warning. You shouldn’t punish him twice for the same crime. Not challenging the warning otherwise.

He didn’t. He punished him for a different violation. @What_Exit’s warning was for ignoring mod instructions. @Hari_Seldon 's warning was for insulting other posters. Those are both valid reasons to issue separate warnings.

We shall continue this discussion in ATMB.

So anyway - hey, how about those Trump prosecutions?

Seem to be delayed a bit, eh?

Back in July, CREW (Citizens for Ethics and Responsibility in Washington) sent a request for investigation to the DOJ with regards to the Georgia phone call.

The specific violations they allege are :

USC 18 241 - Conspiracy against rights
and
USC 52 20511 (2) (B) - Depriving state residents of a fair and impartial election process

Their legal reasoning is outlined in the .pdf. They also sent the request to GA and alleged several specific state violations.

That’s just from the one incident, so we can add those to my list.

I thought the phone call made the thing pretty much a slam dunk, but seeing the specific violations makes it even more compelling. I have to agree with his/their conclusion: clear and incontrovertible evidence. Having heard the recording, I cannot imagine any defense that would even begin to combat this argument. I am not a lawyer, but I do have at least a speck of common sense and “Did not!” doesn’t seem up to the task.

President Trump’s January 2, 2021 call with Georgia Secretary of State Raffensperger provides clear and incontrovertible evidence that he attempted to pressure Georgia state officials to overturn the will of Georgia’s voters in the 2020 presidential election. This conduct is not only a gross abuse of power, but also represents clear violations of federal and state statutes designed to protect our elections from unscrupulous interference.

Do not comment on modding outside ATMB, please.

Well, I did say I only had 15 minutes to research :grin:. But I had some time today to continue filling out the list. Gotta make up for the one that Max thinks is unconstitutional.

CHAPTER 41 -Extortion and Threats

18 US 873 - Blackmail

18 US 872 - Extortion by officers and employees of the US

18 US 875 Interstate Communications

18 US 878 threats and extortion against foreign officials, official guests or internationally protected persons

CHAPTER 19 - Conspiracy

18 US 371 Conspiracy to commit offense or defraud the United States

18 US 372 Conspiracy to impede or injure officer

18 US 373 Solicitation to commit a crime of violence

18 US 1913 Lobbying with appropriated money

CHAPTER 11 Bribery, graft and conflicts of interest

18 US 201 - Bribery of public officials and witnesses

18 US 208 Acts affecting a personal financial interest

18 US 211 Acceptance or solicitation to obtain appointive public office

18 US 219 Officers and Employees acting as agents of foreign principals

18 US 227 Wrongly influencing a private entities employment decisions by a member of Congress or employee of the legislative or executive branch.

CHAPTER 13 Civil Rights ( a couple of these noted in the post regarding CREW’s criminal referral.

18 US 241 Conspiracy against rights

18 US 242 Deprivation of rights under color of law

18 US 245 Federally protected activities

You two should start a comedy team. :slight_smile: Thanks for a much-needed laugh today!

While it’s a good thing that they’re doing, I could wish that they were more skilled at crafting an acronym…

I thought followers of this thread might find these relevant:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/tolling-statute-limitations-prosecute-former-president-double-edged-sword

Update a couple days ago re: the Summer Zervos defamation lawsuit, from the highly useful litigation tracker posted by solost:
Litigation Tracker: Pending Criminal and Civil Cases Against Donald Trump (justsecurity.org)

Update: On Oct. 4, 2021, the trial court ruled that Zervos could depose Trump before Dec. 23, 2021. According to Law360, this appears to be the “first time that Trump would have to answer questions under oath about his alleged sexual misconduct.” In discussing the schedule for depositions, Michael Rand, a law clerk for New York State Judge Jennifer Schechter, who is overseeing the lawsuit, reportedly “said he expected a trial date to be set sometime in the early part of 2022.”

Note, however, that this is a civil trial, not a prosecution. He isn’t even being sued for his sexual misconduct, the complaint is defamation.

Oh, but that deposition is a minefield.

He may not yet be charged criminally in connection with this case, but that very likely could change after he is placed under oath.

Trump under oath. Imagine that. This could get really good.

This is the point at which Trump usually settles the lawsuit.

Somehow, I don’t believe Ms. Zervos will be amenable to settlement.

Never happen. If it becomes possible after the incredibly long string of delaying tactics is finally through, he will leave the country and rule over his Trumpettes as the “Martyr In Chief” from afar.