Delivery Pizza - Is there a way to get my pizza "firm"?

I like eating pizza from the local chains and mom’n’pop shops, but the thing is that I prefer my pizza to be “firm”, as in you can hold a slice and immediately not have it go limp in your hands immediately causing toppings to fall off. I know “pan” pizza is basically what I’m asking for, but is there a way to get “regular” pizza to be firm? Can I tell the people making the pizza to leave it in longer to get it firm but not getting it burnt?

I doubt it. Even if they would do what you asked my guess would be that it would be burnt rather than firm. I think pan pizza crust may be a different recipe.

When you pick up a slice, fold it in half vertically (along a line from point to crust) and eat it that way.

I once ordered a pizza from Domino’s. Stuck it in a warm oven and then forgot about it until about 6 hours later.
It didn’t exactly look pretty (the cheese was died out) but it was nice and crispy.

You could just crisp up the bottom of the pizza in a frying pan over a low heat. I usually reheat pizza this way and you can get it almost like toast if you want to. And it’s easy to try out on one slice while eating another.

My BiL orders his pizza ‘medium well’ which means exactly that. I had no idea till he ordered it at my place. When we went to pick it up (no delivery by me), I asked about that and he said it’s a very common thing to request.

Yes, I believe places with a conveyor belt pizza oven can (and do) run it through the oven twice (or more like 1.5 times by shoving it partway through the conveyor belt the second time).

The title of your OP says “Delivery Pizza.” And one of the problems with pizza delivered to your home is that the pizza is transported inside a sealed, insulated bag. The moisture (along with the heat) given off by the pizza is trapped in the bag, thus making the crust soggy. I suppose you could ask them to not transport it inside a bag, but then the pizza would be lukewarm by the time it got to your house. So it’s a trade-off of sorts…

^Well, that might be taken into account, but I had the same problem with takeout (I lived practically next door) and with short and long delivery times, until I started asking them to leave it in the oven a little longer. Still happens sometimes with longer delivery times (you open it and can tell that everything’s been steamed), but you gotta consider how many orders can pile up when they’re really busy, and of course they’re just going to crank 'em out as fast as they can.

Domino’s has more than one crust type available. Their “thin and crispy” is what I think the OP would call “firm,” but it’s far from pan pizza.

I think the OP is looking for a pizza “style”, not a cooking method. e.g.: you can cook New York style pizza any way you like, and it will still be a floppy, soft-crust pizza. Firm crust is a type of dough, not a cooking style.

Pizza Hut also has a “thin and crispy” and theirs is definitely what I would call a cracker crust. When I’m feeling cheap and using some coupons, I’ll order it, square-cut, and it’s definitely a crispy pizza, but the crust has more of a saltine cracker type of flavor to it rather than a pizza dough flavor. That said, I like it and is my preferred crust there. But it’s quite thin and quite the opposite of pan pizza in that manner.

I’ve also reheated floppy day-old pizza in a lightly oiled pan, and that gets you a nice, crispy crust, but it’s a distinctly “fried” crust, like you might get on a Detroit-style deep dish/pan pizza.

Fluff it:)

If it arrives a little soggy just pop it in the freezer for a bit to firm it up.

Home delivery - what a concept! Even the Post Office doesn’t schlep stuff to our locale; DeFex, I mean FedEx, often can’t find us; GPS-driven drones would hit the wrong house if they didn’t crash in tall conifers. I’d LOVE a slightly soggy pizza delivered here! Then I’d fire up the convection oven to fine-tune the limpish disc. Hey, does anyone remember when LP records were called Licorice Pizzas?

How we get pizza: 1) call the local; 2) punch the convection oven which needs 20 minutes to heat; 3) dodge bears and pumas on the 5-minute-each-way local parlor drive; 4) bake the sucker; 5) wash down with Miller’s High Life.

This is why New Yorkers developed the art of pizza folding.

A local pizza place had pretty good pizza but some nights their crust was too floppy so I would try to order it “well done” to crisp it up. So old man pizza joint owner woudl get all huffy and claim that if I wanted a well done pizza that would be thin crust and he would have to reduce the amount of dough to make it crispy. I’d counter with just keep it i the oven a tad longer, oh boy that’s would blow his mind and he’d put me on hold then hang up, i’d call back and the phone would ring 15 times until he answered and put me on hold again. ANd to think I went to work for that ingrate for a time, until he got up in my face and tried to cut me down with insults. I finished my shift and walked out never to return even when he called on Firday night and pleaded with me to come back, but it’s Friday night he’d whine like I care, get one of your favorites to to the scut work I’m gone! Never ordered his pizza again.

Best pizza is Chicago cracker crust, the bestand Im a deep dish sicilian lover too, but cracker crust beats all.

No, but I remember the chain of record stores called Licorice Pizza.

I haven’t had this problem, but then again our local delivery joint delivers features pizza cut into small parallelograms and triangles (Donato’s).

In the long-ago days of large-slice New York pizza from Pal Joey’s, the toppings never fell off - even with all the oil and grease.

Try asking for “light sauce”.

Try asking for “well done” or “extra cooked” like previously mentioned. Maybe it’ll throw some places off but most places will oblige. My brother used to deliver pizza and ordered this way.