Der Trihs Suspension Discussion Thread

Warning number 1, Jan 2015: Der characterizes this claim…

and this claim

…as follows:

Der presented a straightforward attack on a fact-free argument via analogy. The “Stated desire for them to starve”, is referenced above. I should post the moderator POV though:

Warning 2, Oct 2013:This one is more interesting, as JC states his POV:

What’s interesting is that no SDMB poster was mentioned in the post. Basically Der was called out because of presentation:

Not so.

I’ve accepted for a while that Der was on a ban-train. But he typically doesn’t engage in direct insults, which is why he has been here for so long. What he usually does is put the motives of conservatives and theists in a bad light. And he occasionally does the same for individual posters. This isn’t a case of stepping over bright lines. It’s a case of, well, overheated rhetoric x300.

Hey, the standard here is jerkitude: attack the post and not the poster is just a helpful guideline. Personally I’d rather have Der around for longer rather than shorter given that he’s generally stayed close to the line rather than over it. But hey again, he’s been here for almost 10 years. Maybe I’m just a glutton for punishment/amusement.

More:

1. OBTW: A time out isn’t going to work. Der has basically always been this way, though to be fair he’s dialed it back some in response to moderator instruction.

2. Grey? What is this thing you call grey? :smiley:

3. Clearly the jackboots have it in for staunch liberals.

4. FTR, Der has 7 warnings over a number of years. Generally speaking, suspensions last 1 month. Then it’s one strike and you’re out. This policy bums me, but I don’t make the calls and frankly I can understand the basis for it. I just prefer rinse and repeat. Or maybe round numbers: 10 sounds ok for consistently borderline calls. To me, not to TPTB.