Dexter coming back in 2021

This isn’t a prediction so much as a way I’d like to see it end. Dexter kills the serial killer in such a manner that he rescues a potential victim (possibly even the Police Chief’s daughter) and gets the public acclaim that he had fantasized about at the conclusion of season 1 (or was it season 2?). He never kills again.

Kurt and Edward are definitely two different people. What baffles me is why Kurt seemed to think he was FaceTiming with his son when we know quite clearly that Matt bit the big one with Dexter/Jim. This left me confused.

I really didn’t like the first episode of the season. It just didn’t make sense that Dexter had gone 10 years without killing and that was the guy that made him break the streak. He wasn’t super evil or an active killer, he was just really annoying. And the writing of that character wasn’t very believable. The ways they made him obnoxious were very ham handed. I kept expecting them to bring in a puppy so he could beat it. Luckily that character is gone now and the episodes have been better. I’m still worried things are going to go downhill again, though.

I was hoping they’d finally use this plot idea from The Onion:

Dexter discovers a serial killer who only kills serial killers who only kill serial killers. But they must put aside their differences when they find themselves hunted by a serial killer who only kills serial killers who only kill serial killers who only kill serial killers.

After today’s episode, I suspect the podcaster of secretly working for the serial killer, especially after she asked to look at the police chief’s investigation.

Interesting theory. For a true crime podcaster having a serial killer in her back pocket could be helpful. Either that or she’ll end up one of his victims.

I just saw the first episode too, and it seemed obvious to me that Dex broke down and killed the guy not because he was super evil, but because Harrison’s return had shaken him so badly. Morgan Stanley there just had the misfortune of being a target of opportunity.

Enjoyed the most recent episode. Having Harrison have the potential to be a killer himself certainly raises the stakes. He seems like he knows a lot more than he lets on, particularly about the Trinity killer. He uses the same kind of blade as Trinity did. We’re also seeing the truth about Kurt. Looking forward to next week!

And just happened to show up in town around the same time as the podcaster, I am betting they are connected. Maybe the podcaster helped him track Dexter down?

My pet theory is that Harrison is actually Trinity’s son, and when he was listening to the podcast he wasn’t actually crying over Rita but over his real dad.

I’ve considered that, and I hope it’s not the case. It’ll just be another twist at the expense of character and emotion. Also, Trinity already had a secret murdering child, remember?

Been a long time since I watched the original, but I don’t think the ages track.

Ooh snap!! That’s something to think about.

Well, looks like my initial theory is wrong. Clancy is the killer. But having the would-be school shooter being named Ethan is really creepy in light of recent real world events.

Anybody still watching. One episode to go. What do people think is going to happen?

I’m still watching. :raised_hand: It took a few episodes to really get going, but I’m enjoying this reboot.

No idea what’s going to happen, and that’s fine with me. :slight_smile: (I’ve never been one to speculate/try to guess endings.)

Boy that was a great episode tonight. 9.8 rating on IMDb. I won’t say much in case you haven’t see in it yet, but I’m really wondering what Angela’s going to figure out as far as who Dexter really is and what he’s done. Will she have to be eliminated?. The mind boggles.

Maybe after seeing what Dex saw, she’ll be OK with it. Or maybe he could cop (so to speak) to her about the drug dealer and simply say that he adopted the MO of the Bay Harbor Butcher because he’d worked the case.

I’m thinking he confesses all to her, she accepts it and they all live as one happy family.

Nah, Harrison learns that Angela has figured out everything about Dexter and takes the “don’t get caught” rule a little too far to protect his father.