Did anyone see Trump on "60 Minutes"?

You seem to live in an alternate universe, where “settled” means “rammed down the country’s throat by an activist SCOTUS.”

I thought a majority of Americans wanted Roe v Wade overturned?

Liberals still want it??

Much the same as Hobby Lobby and Citizen’s United?

Please interpret.

Liberals, independents and some Republicans

This is from 2013

Same pollsters who predicted Hillary would win last Tuesday, I’d wager.

Besides, you can cherry-pick statistics to mean anything. Four out of five people know that.

I’m not a lawyer, but I remember enough from my US Government classes to know there are reasons to be against Roe v Wade except being pro-life. It’s considered by a lot of legal-type people to be an awful decision where the opinion writer just pulled completely nonsensical dicta out of their asses like “trimesters”. But for most people we just think of “Roe v Wade” as code for “pro-choice protection” and support/oppose it based on that, but you could conceivably be against Roe v Wade, but believe that abortions should have protections (whether it by by another stronger, more sane court decision or left to the legislature).

Except that Roe v. Wade explicitly laid out a U.S. constitutional right to privacy that extended to cover the right to have an abortion. So, federal (or state) courts would simply issue an emergency injunction following any suit being brought that would halt any enforcement of a state law, likely ahead of time, that unduly or unreasonably limited the right to an abortion.

Well before Trump, states have tried to close abortion clinics through lateral attacks that required doctors to have admitting privileges in nearby hospitals or in requiring clinics to have facilities equivalent to hospitals. Whole Woman’s Health v. Hellerstedt, a 5-3 Supreme Court decision that came out a few months ago, ruled that these were unconstitutional.

The trimester system of determining a fetus’ viability is not dicta, since dicta is generally philosophizing that are the individual judge or justice’s views that don’t have any precedental/binding value. The trimester system was still used for years after Roe v. Wade until it was discarded by Planned Parenthood v. Casey, another Supreme Court case, in 1992. That case established that fetal viability was the ultimate threshold and that the trimester measurement system was not adequate in and of itself to determine this.

There have been around half a dozen fairly big abortion-related Supreme Court cases since Roe v. Wade. All of them explicitly or implicitly agreed with Roe’s premise that there is a U.S. constitutional right for a woman to have an abortion. Overturning Roe means overturning all of those cases too.

The legally dubious part of Roe was Justice Blackmun’s (the opinion’s author) invention of a federal constitutional right to privacy in the first place, of which a right to an abortion was part and parcel of, which he justified as being implied from some of the other enumerated rights in the Bill of Rights.

Okay, fine. Then how do you make any claims whatsoever on what “the American people” want?

Its complicated, only really smart people understand it. For instance, if you get a lot less than half of the votes, you lose. However, if you get almost half of the votes, that’s the “will of the people”, and a “mandate”.

I would explain if I could, but I’m not that smart. It has something to do with the World Series.

It’s the lesson we got from Senator Reid last election.

Yup. You liberals and the word “settled”.

I do not think it means what you think it means

I thought Trump sounded less crazy and more coherent than he usually does.

Of course, he had his nutty moments like repeating that he knows more about defeating ISIS than the generals.

Christ you people are tiresome.

Oh, Krugman starts to be pathetic. Remember this ? It’s from Sep. 2015.

Got anything where Reid suggests that he would instruct the military to attack the families of our enemies? Reid saying he would grab someone by the pussy? Reid ever offer to pay the legal bills of someone who committed assault on his behalf? “Bleeding from her whatever”, that was Reid?

Who are you kidding?

I couldn’t have said it better myself.

He stooged a lot. He’s in the Clinton’s back pocket & has been for awhile. Even the alt-right is waking up to this reality, which was in the realm of pure conspiracy until recently.

Everyone was trolled by the Man of Drumpfft, who would bring the Adrioning.

The quatrain:

“City by lake will celebrate, man of Drumpfft, will stooge before the final chant, thus the Adrioning”

City by lake will celebrate = Cubs win world series
man of Drumpfft = Trump
stooge before final chant = He’s obviously been stooging, the final chant means last election
the Adrioning = possibly world war 3, or a reference to King Hadrion’s wall.

Another quatrain:

Reign of Drumpfft, shall bring wall, if no stall, the modern Adrioning,

Trump’s reign will bring a wall, assuming there is no delay by the electoral college. The wall will be based off King Hadrion’s wall, assuming it gets built.