A PSA on my local radio station for prostate checkups:
Man: I’m so nervous about getting a prostate cancer exam. Will it hurt? I don’t even know where my prostate is.
Announcer (big booming voice): Get a grip on yourself!
Me: :eek: :eek: :eek:
A PSA on my local radio station for prostate checkups:
Man: I’m so nervous about getting a prostate cancer exam. Will it hurt? I don’t even know where my prostate is.
Announcer (big booming voice): Get a grip on yourself!
Me: :eek: :eek: :eek:
So, try it out at home to see that it’s not so bad?
Man: Oh! There’s my prooooh—ah … oh. Ooh. Wow. Hey, ah … do they make, y’know … a home testing kit?
[QUOTE=FatBaldGuy]
A PSA on my local radio station for prostate checkups:…
[/QUOTE]
So, it was a PSA (public service announcement) for a PSA (prostate serum antibody) test?
Just a quick blood test and a quick finger up your ass.
Early detection can keep you alive. ![]()
The exam won’t necessarily hurt, but I had to sit down for a good ten minutes afterward.
The digital exam takes less than 10 seconds and is mildly uncomfortable. I trust having prostate cancer would be several orders of magnitude more uncomfortable.
I think the OP was referring to the actual phrasing of the announcer’s answer, not the need to get a prostate exam done (e.g. if the announcer had said “Don’t be such a wuss!” there wouldn’t be anything to comment about).
[QUOTE=AskNott]
So, it was a PSA (public service announcement) for a PSA (prostate serum antibody) test?
Just a quick blood test and a quick finger up your ass.
Early detection can keep you alive. ![]()
[/QUOTE]
Finger? Waitaminute! The last time I had one, the doc had both hands on my shoulders. So what was he doing back there? :eek:
Yeah, it’s all laughs until they decide to really check you out. Then it’s “Hey, guess where all this barium is going?”
[QUOTE=Hypno-Toad]
Yeah, it’s all laughs until they decide to really check you out. Then it’s “Hey, guess where all this barium is going?”
[/QUOTE]
John Harvey Kellogg: Give Mr. Lightbody 25 gallons of yogurt.
Mr. Lightbody: I’ve got a bad stomach! I can’t eat that much yogurt!
JHK: Oh, it’s not going in that orifice, sir! :eek:
[QUOTE=Canadjun]
I think the OP was referring to the actual phrasing of the announcer’s answer, not the need to get a prostate exam done (e.g. if the announcer had said “Don’t be such a wuss!” there wouldn’t be anything to comment about).
[/QUOTE]
I wasn’t sure if it was that, or the OP’s shock that someone is ignorant of where his prostate is.
[QUOTE=FatBaldGuy]
Announcer (big booming voice): Get a grip on yourself!
[/QUOTE]
No, no, no, you’re only supposed to do that if your doctor is so selfish and insensitive that he doesn’t give a reach-around while he’s, ahem, “palpating your prostate.”