Did I just see Sea Lions in my little retention pond?

It’s on a defunct golf course. I saw two of them, whiskers, similar body type…they were mostly submerged, but flipped forward like Sea Lions would do (or Seals, can’t say I am an expert in the subject).
It is a retention pond for the city water, which fills only during the wet season, generally. It is about 2’ deep now. They are inside a little tunnel between the 2 lakes, under a walkway. I wish I could show a picture, but they were gone before I could. Body was probably 1.5’ to 2’ long…babies, no doubt. Fresh water, obviously. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Brynn

Could they have been river otters?

Where is this? I’d say mink or otter

Yes, I suppose it could be a River Otter…never seen one tho.

Sorry, I forgot to mention I am in South Florida, western Broward county, northwest of Ft. Lauderdale (city of Coral Springs).

They didn’t seem to have any fur, it seemed more streamlined than that, but then again, I didn’t get a GREAT look as they were in the dark tunnel mostly…only coming out a foot…I had my dogs with me, which definitely scared them back into the tunnel.

I shall continue to find them, bringing my camera with me, with the hope of nabbing a good picture.
Thank you for your suggestions, when I get a better look, I will definitely find out if they are in fact the River Otter.

Maybe nutria or muskrat?

Florida seems a bit far south for seals. Could be a river otter or maybe an introduced specie. A seal probably would be a lot bigger than an otter.

Certainly not sea lions or seals in Florida, or in a freshwater pool.

River otter, nutria, or muskrat are all possibilities, but a photo or better description would be needed.

I’ve seen otters run and it could be mistaken for that loping, seal-like gait.

They were wet. Seals and sea lions have fur too. I’m betting nutria or otter, maybe muskrat.

I’m in orlando and I believe I spotted one as well. It had little flippers and the color was a darker brown closer to black. It saw me and got in the pond and started swimming and did a spin and went underneath. Pond on the corner of S Apopka Vineland rd and Vinings way. He was on the right side of the bridge.