Did you ever notice....

That Contestant #3 whines a lot?

C#3: You’re a jerk.

ooooooohhhhh…that just cuts me to the quick!! Ok, I’m outta here! LMAO!

Contestant #3

opppps…I lied.

Hey everyone, did you see the whinning of Auraseer earlier today?

Here’s what she posted:

“How about a hint as to what’s allowed and what’s not?
Or do posters now have to wander around like dogs inside one of those invisible fences, not knowing where the line is, but assured of getting an electric shock if they cross it?”

Contestant #3

Con#3 is quoting Aura: “How about a hint as to what’s allowed and what’s not?
Or do posters now have to wander around like dogs inside one of those invisible fences, not knowing where the line is, but assured of getting an electric shock if they cross it?” >>

The rules are on the registration form that you agreed to, in order to post here.

Summarizing: “We have one basic rule: Don’t be a jerk. … You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person’s privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this BB.”

Generally speaking, it’s usually pretty clear where the line is (although, admittedly, it’s a grey fuzzy line, rather than a clear demarcation.) If you cross the line a wee bit, it will very likely be ignored, because it’s not that clear where the line is. If you get way over the line, the Board Moderator will generally send you an e-mail to try to keep it quiet and not to embarrass you for an accidental goof. Or perhaps post something gentle to remind you. If the offenses escalate, the Moderator’s warnings will escalate in kind.

There’s no way on earth that the people involved in the present situation can claim that he was surprised by the outcome. They were well and clearly warned, many times.

I swore I’d stay in the GQ forum, but…

Here’s the big question. If everybody hates Connie so much and everybody wants to see him booted, how come his OPs always seem to get the most traffic?

Why should he change bait, when you’re all still biting at the old stuff?

I actually kinda like the guy, even if he is a bonehead.

The same goes for ARG.

Courage is a virtue, no matter how idiotic.

¾È ³ç, ÁÖ µ¿ ÀÏ

Hey, GOD, I’ll give you an ultimatum.

Either you give me a million dollars tomorrow (August 17, 1999), or you stike me down with lightning. I’ll be waiting with my hands up in an open field.

¾È ³ç, ÁÖ µ¿ ÀÏ

You’re right, PapaB. I’ve often said the best way to handle an attention-getter is to give no attention. It’s easier to say than to do, especially when the target is so easy.