Did you know that Firefly is awesome?

Seriously. I"m talking about Joss Whedon’s Firefly series. I mentioned to a friend that I liked Dollhouse, so he loaned me his Firefly DVDs. My son and I have watched the first two discs and will be working through the rest. We love it.

The characters are amazing. The stories are fun. I love the Wild West atmosphere of the whole thing. The story arc is compelling while the individual episodes are just so fun.

More later… I just had to share. If you haven’t watched Firefly, get it soon. It’s great.

I really wish they had made more episodes…

Indeed. There’s even a recent thread on it.

I don’t think the official Firefly fanclub has more fans of Firefly than this place.

Is there an official Firefly fanclub? If so I’d join it.

So join. :smiley:

Browncoats Forever!

Don’t forget to watch Serenity after you’re done watching the series.

Well, of course it’s awesome.

D’uh.

I’ve been going to the nearest organized Firefly fan-clubby-type-thing for about a year now - though it’s an hour away in TO. (Sigh)

Ah, yes, another recruit. Welcome aboard! And shame on you for not watching it when it aired!

:slight_smile:

I have to admit that I’ve never seen it. Should I?

Yes.

Very possibly my favorite show of all time.

I realize that Firefly does not have universal appeal, but I confess that I question the taste of anyone who doesn’t like it.

Battlestar Galactica is better. (Also more seasons)
(dandr)

Them’s fightin’ words. I suggest we get Katee Sackhoff and Summer Glau into a room to battle it out. Ahem.

I’ll be in my bunk.

I’m not a fan of Sci-Fi in general (I’ve never seen an episode of Star Wars or Star Trek, nor have had any interest to) but I thoroughly enjoyed Firefly. Take that as you will.

Firefly does have a big flaw - it’s an incomplete work. Whedon was just getting started with the story when the series was cancelled. So it’s like some great opening chapters in an unfinished book.

It’s alright but it’s not fantastic…and I seen every episode/the movie twice. People on this board give it more love than it deserves.

I knew that. :slight_smile:

If you like firefly then you should wear protection when seeing Avatar.

I’ll admit to suffering through the whole series (3 times) but I liked Babylon 5 better.