Diogenese the Cynic. Also a Phony.

Hmmm. Just a quibble, a minor point, but that’s the trouble with quibbles…

If this skutir person is Diogenes’ younger brother…

And if this selfsame skutir is a bastard, that is, one who’s parents were not married…

And was, presumably, born some time after Diogenes

Oh, luci, if I could reach through the monitor, you’d have to die for that one!

Obviously, DtC’s parents split after he was born, and before skutir was born! Hence, Dio comes by your aforementioned sluttish tendencies (although from which side unknown) naturally.

You gotta think these things through!

Ah! I see what you mean! The parents, having had time to reflect and repent of thier unfortunate genetic mishap, resolved to restrain themselves in the future, but fell victim to an inherent disposition to generative misconduct.

This would explain a lot.

(Batting big, brown, innocent eyes)

Why, whatever do you mean?

**Diogenes ** was kind enough to give me some helpful advvice when I started posting here, for which I am grateful. (I finished Demon Haunted…what’s next?) And I always open a thread with his name in becuse I know I will be amused, enlightened, and informed by it. Although I did run into an old one the other day where he said the South needed another “beat down.” I presume the interstates are open up there this time of year?

When you read my occassional swipe at the south, Trandallt/ please bear in mind that I was born in Shreveport, Lousiana. My mother’s whole side of the family is from Lousiana. There is a love/hate relationship that a lot of native southerners have with the south. There is much to love, but there are a maddening number of backwards idiots. The most vehement invectives against “rednecks” and “hillbillies” I have ever heard have always been from white southerners. If you’re from the south, you know what i mean.

Did you like Demon-Haunted World, btw?

Well hell I didn’t know you were a cracker too. That changes everything. After the beat down we can have a barbecue. Drop by anytime. And bring momanem.

Yes, **Demon Haunted World ** has a lot to say to me, mainly in helping me to clarify my thoughts about things I already hold to be true. I suppose I will have to shell out for a personal copy as the library wants theirs back.

Unless you own guns.

Right! That’s why he said “If I owned a gun I would feel like a coward,” rather than making an ignorant and intolerant, broad-brushed derogatory comment about an immensely huge body of people, right?

Say what you will about “passion”. Hell, our President is a passionate man, too. I fail to see how that excuses mocking half the population.

Every once in a while, a pit thread comes along. This is such a pit thread.

Hail the Pit thread. Worship the Pit thread. The Pit thread is The Way. The Way to Salvation. And discounted underpants.

Look, I ultimately don’t care about Dio or his own, personal stance on guns. But when he tries to apply his OWN opinions in a derogatory manner to me… well, someone tell me the difference between that and “I don’t like fags because they’re all nancy boys” or “Black people are all lazy criminals.”

As a gun owner, you are a member of a voluntary group, like Methodists, or Boy Scouts, or Rush listeners. That is very different from being black.

I was thinking of the one where Meg kisses the dorky guy, and that annoying twit keeps running in going “Hey, this guy’s a phony!” about shit like he just discovered the atom.

Hey I’m kinda new around here but isn’t it time somebody sent out a search party for Snakespirit?

Only if we wanted to find him.

All right, then how are Mr. Cynic’s comments any different than “All Democrats are traitors”?

Dunno. Not trying to defend him, I’m pro-gun. My post before was just a rehash of an old Mad Magazine bit about reviewing movies that suck without saying they suck, and without lying that they’re good; i.e., this pit thread sucks.

I wish Dio were a phony, that way I’d know he didn’t really believe the stuff he says on the boards.

But I really do think he believes what he says, so no. Not a phony.

NO! He is NOT “honest”. He too often states his Opinion as a fact. He’ll also take an opinion from a blog and then say “it has been proven that…” when it’s just one guy with an opinion he is citing that’s the “FACT!!!”. He comes out with lines like "guns are for cowards’ not once- but TWICE, and then tries to weasel out with a list of usages where the user isn’t a coward…on another thread. :rolleyes:

I don’t completely agree with out OP. He goes over the line. But Diogenes is anything but “honest”. He is an excellent example of someone who is intellectually dishonest. I just stopped debating with him after he showed himself to be like that.

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner. He’s like Aldebaran’s “my post is my cite” crap.

No, DC is definately my intellectual superiour. I can’t spell for shit, and I type worse. But I think honesty is more important than accuracy. Don’t you?