Discontinued Corelle Pattern

A few years ago, my dad gave me a set of Corelle dishes for my “hope chest.” Unfortunately, it was a relatively small set, consisting of 4 dinner plates, 4 saucers, 4 mugs, 4 cake plates, and a serving bowl. This is fine for my husband and me, but when we have very much company, like at Christmas or Easter, we’re scrambling to set the table. So, naive me, I think it’s time to fill out the set.

Unfortunately, (and this is not meant to be a reflection on my father’s taste), this is probably the least popular Corelle pattern ever.

I didn’t even know the name, so I visited Corelle’s home page and browsed the galleries. After eating off “Gold Butterfly” at home for 20+ years, I had no idea they had so many different patterns! And there’s my current pattern, “Tribal Spirit,” in the archive of discontinued patterns. So let’s try eBay. Wow, “Corelle” gets me 2000+ hits! And “Tribal Spirit” gets me… none.

So let’s try Google! “Corelle Tribal Spirit” gets me exactly 2 hits, only one of which is selling a plate, and it’s not the pattern.

So let’s try “Discontinued Corelle pattern.” Looky, people who will track down patterns for you! Looky, they want a finder’s fee. Oh, this lady will do it for free! But in her e-mail response she says she’s never heard of this pattern.

Has anyone else been in this situation? Did you discover any well-hidden web sites that helped you out?

I swear if it weren’t for bad luck I’d have no luck at all. I guess I’m going to have to look for a kinda similar pattern that will hopefully fool less-observant guests. The other problem is that this plate is an off-white or cream color, not terribly popular. So I’m going to have to get a cream colored plate with a totally different pattern, or a similar dark blue pattern on a white plate. Which would look less obvious?

Hmmm…I can’t find anyone online who has this either.

Looking at the patterns, it looks like Gingham Black, Mesa Verde, or Sand Art might work as “co-ordinating” patterns. There’s a big trend lately to mix patterns anyway, so if you act like you did it on purpose, you should be ok.

We supplemented our Corelle with plain white because we liked it. The online site lists “Beige” as a discontinued pattern. Maybe you’d have better luck finding that. If there’s a Corelle outlet store near you they might have some.

Yikes, then again, the Beige is pretty expensive at this site:

http://cgi.tias.com/cgi-bin/inventoryBrowser.fcgi/stores/npm/corning/4.html

You might also consider picking a new pattern and getting two or three sets of it. Keep the others around for when your dad visits.

Good luck!

If you email me a picture of the pattern I can go check at the Corelle outlet in town and see if they have any there. They have lotsa odds and ends there dirt cheap. :slight_smile:
Email is in my profile.

Rose

Thanks, and sorry for the lateness of my reply.

Wicked Blue, I’ll see if I can send you a copy of that picture tonight, but you can also see it on-line at http://www.corelle.com/about/archive.cfm – you have to scroll all the way through to “Tribal Spirit” (these are in alphabetical order).

lesa, I was thinking maybe of Gingham Blue or Old Town Blue, or, for a beige, Blueberry Bouquet. It didn’t occur to me, though, that different patterns or colors would have different prices :frowning: Guess I’ll have to keep looking.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

Gr8,

You didn’t try http://www.replacements.com, by any chance, did you? They found a couple of discontinued items for me. They are kind of a pain in the butt because they’ll send you emails afterward unless you tell them to stop, but they found some stuff for me I wasn’t able to find any other way. You can register what you are looking for just by going to the Register Patterns button. If they don’t have it now, they might in the future.

Thank you, romans, I hadn’t seen that site before. I’ve already completed my registration form and await their response with bated breath :slight_smile:

Just a little update–I finally found my patten on ebay. I got 4 dinner plates for $21.50 (that’s counting shipping & handling). I think it’s a pretty good deal :slight_smile: