Disgusting Food Combinations (that people actually eat)

Oooh, I like beets and I’ve never had them on a burger. I’m not sure about beet+pineapple+egg, though, but beet+onion+something tangy burger sounds pretty good to me.

Maybe beet+onion+blue cheese burger.

I’m going to try that!

ETA: wait, what? Who cans beets?

I like carrot sitcks and peanut butter.

Second vote on the New Zealand tradition of putting a fried egg and slice of beet on their burgers. Yuck.

Just got back from a vacation with some friends, two of them decided to try double-stuff Oreos with cheese whiz and they couldn’t get enough; they claim it tastes like cheesecake.

My Pre-Algebra teacher used to mix apple sauce with canned tuna during class.

I accidentally discovered that cheese curds and dried apricots went well together.

This…is … blasphemy.

Slaw on BBQ??? :eek: ::shiver::

BTW, BBQ must be cow. Pig is an acceptable stand-in. No chicken, and never turkey.

Back to the thread: Kraft makes a wonderful product called “Sandwich Spread”. It’s not quite mayo, not quite tartar sauce. It is … a bit orange. Both creamy and chunky at the same time, as it has pickles in it. And some … other chunks.

It’s spreadable. So you (I mean I) can put it on anything with a flat surface. Sandwiches are the obvious choice, but hot dogs, burgers, waffles, toast, you name it.
But BBQ? Not even an option. BBQ must remain pure.

Eh? During class? Couldn’t they wait til lunch? Was it also an eating class?

Or did it cover the three Rs
Reading, riting & retching?

There is a very famous English Chef who has won god knows how many awards, called Heston Blumenthal.

He is, putting it mildly, incredibly innovative, though main stream, and has explored the molecular construction of foods.

Amongst his creations are snail porridge, parsnip cereal, and bacon and egg ice gream.

People rave about his food though I’ve never had it myself.

As to personal experience I enjoy black pepper in my tea or coffee and experimented with ginger powder in drinking chocolate but it gave me heartburn.

Have tried at a mates recommendation marmite,cheese and peanut butter but it was neither very good or very awful.

Knew someone who liked to dip frenchfries in custard, though never tried that myself either.

My two favourite food combinations that have gotten reactions of “ew!” are cheese and chocolate sandwiches (the sharper the cheese is, the sweeter the chocolate should be) and vanilla ice cream with salt and vinegar crisps. Especially if they’re those Kettle Chips with the balsamic vinegar flavour, mmmm…

Marmite and peanut butter was pretty common, I thought. I haven’t tried adding cheese, though.

I made a bread, scrambled egg and Roquefort cheese sandwich today. Not sure if that’s considered disgusting or a good pairing but I liked it.

The rest of the **Attackclan **is woefully mistaken.

Your barbecue must be pretty sub-par if you bury it under a bunch of fairly flavorful stuff like cole slaw. I’ve always felt that some sauce, maybe a little onion or dill pickle and you’re set for a barbecue sandwich.

Beyond that… I know a guy who eats bratwurst and ketchup. No onions, no kraut, just ketchup.

I also know someone else who puts butter on oreo cookies. Not so much a bad tasting idea, but just… too rich for me.

Salame smeared with smooth peanut butter, and rolled up.
Yum!
Good eats.
When someone first suggested this combo to me, I thought “Gross”.
They were right, it is a perfect bite.

Guy I just to work with eats BarBQ (pulled pork) + Pimento Cheese.

He also puts ketchup on biscuits and gravy.

My dad died at 53. I think it was because of what he ate.(and smoking 3 packs a day) .He ate banana and onion sandwiches. Sometimes he added pickles. He said that angel food cake tasted like bread so he slathered butter on the side, even if it had icing on it. He said pizza was flavored Italian bread. You guessed it. He piled 2 slices back to back and slathered butter on it.

I think in places that hold with the practice, the barbecue is much more flavorful than the slaw; the slaw adds mostly texture.

Vanilla ice cream and canned sardines in tomato sauce is surprisingly delicious. I saw it on I Love Lucy, in an episode where she was pregnant and had weird cravings. Ever since I saw that, I’ve wanted to try the combination and a couple of years ago, I finally did! Now I try to have some sardines in the pantry every summer when I have ice cream.

I’m not surprised. Most cheese and cheese-like substances go well with the right fruit. Gorgonzola and blueberry jam is great, as is pear and sharp cheese and more obviously, yoghurt and pretty much any fresh fruit.

Oh god. You’re a much braver person than me. Or maybe you’re just weird :smiley: