Disinfecting tolit cleansers/Flush agents

I have seen such products that promise to kill germs in your toilet as it flushes, such as a particular Lysol product does.

But then I got wondering: Why would you care? In order to kill germs, the chemical-laden water must touch a surface that has germs on it, but in as far as I know, there are no toilets that allow the bowl water to wash over the seat, so the part you touch would still remain as germ-loaded as before you flushed.

Is this just a marketing gimmic? Is there really a need to kill bowl germs to remain sanitary?

Maybe not, but it gives me a sense of false security. :stuck_out_tongue:

Take a look at cecil’s column on Toilet Plumes. Very very interesting!

Take a look at cecil’s column on Toilet Plumes. Very very interesting!

Toilet plumes, agreed, are icky. But the primary reason I use such products is that a germy toilet bowl is a smelly toilet bowl.

That was interesting.

It reminds me of a particular brand of bleach boasting that it “promises to kill germs right on the label” while the “store brand” bleached lament that they carry no such promise. While the average consumer could possibly be forgiven for thinking that the store brands therefore do not kill germs, all bleach kills germs. The world of “germ warefare” is certainly competitive.
Thanks folks.

"“promises to kill germs right on the label”

Well, I wouldn’t buy it then cause I don’t have germs on my label.