Disposable Razors

How many times do you use your disposable razor before throwing it out?

Did someone watch Letterman last night?

About 10 or less for a disposable razor. I usually use a Gillette Mach 3 with disposable heads, those I use about 10 to 15 times before I discard the head.

You throw them out???

oh, ** that ** explains my scars.

Depends on what type of disposal razor im using. When they arent sharp no more, time for a new one.

I actually use a new disposable razor every time I shave.

All I know is, you get what you pay for. I bought a pack of really cheap razors. I had to throw each one away after one use.

Just whenever it gets blunt and doesn’t give me a proper shave anymore. Mach3 blades last the longest I’ve found, usually around 10 shaves.

Yeah you can get a lot from them until the missus uses them on her legs.

I resent that! Men’s bristly stubble is far more harsh on the blade than women’s soft leg hair. Humph.

Sheesh, you guys. This has already been covered by Cecil…use the search.

Because women are shaving more area then men are, if they use the same razor men are expecting the second shave and the woman has actually used shaves 2, 3, 4 and 5.

For the record, I use the same disposable razor about a hundred times. I buy a new pack at the dollar store once every 5 years or so. I recently bought a pack of the triple-blade disposables because there was a rebate. I can’t tell the difference between those and the 10 for a dollar single blades.

I have not seen what Cecil has written, but I have read another article on the subject. Granted, women are shaving more area. But men’s stubble is more rough and tends to knick the blade, which can cause little cuts in future uses.

What, exactly, is the general question here? If you’re looking for the manufacturer’s recommendation for how many times to use it, that’s GQ. If you just want to know what other folks here do, that’s polling, and belongs in IMHO. Say the word and I’ll move it for you.