DIY: Whole House Plumbing Pipe Replacement with PEX: Any Experiences?

My whole house is PEX
Never an issue with it over 10 years.
It’s easy to install, and fast too.

The fittings are a bit pricey perhaps, but when you figure in the over all system cost, they actually are not as you do not need elbows and unions, and there is no need to flush the PVC glue taste out of the pipes.

It is also easy to add on when needed, repair, etc.

The only downside is, it is not pretty if you plan on any exposed piping, like old fashioned free standing sinks etc, so you still need to transition to a chrome or copper etc line for those.
But you would have to do that with anything but copper anyways.

It does not corrode, hard water does not phase it, deposits dont like to stick to it.
The crimper is expensive (I use the solid copper crimp bands) but you can just rent it instead.
Aside from access to the pipes, a person could switch their house to pex by themselves very fast.
And any type of union or coupling you could imagine needing, there is a PEX one available.

Another bonus of PEX, freezing does not seem to phase it at all

I redid my entire house in PEX about two years ago, all the way from the main supply, came to a central hot and cold header, and ran a direct line to each room that needed water service. There is a ball shut off at the header for each service feed, and another local shutoff at the end point.
Point being, lots of connections, all crimp, absolutely zero issues.

Even went so far as to use red and blue to make later identification of lines easier.

Much love for PEX.