Do the Dew!

Nuff about Dew - what about Dr Pepper?

I once heard that it is carbonated prune juice. True?

>^,^<
KITTEN

He who walk through airport door sideways going to Bangkok. - Confucius

AuraSeer if you realy need a caffeine fix I might have an answer. I have a friend who makes expresso(sp?) with Water Joe. He drinks it every morning when he wakes up just like regular coffee, If he doesn’t get it, his hands shake realy bad. kinda scarry huh?

no matter where you go…there you are

And when you say I’m only on “half doses”, I hope you’re talking about coffee, and not caffeine in general.]]] auraseer

Yeah, I was just cracking about putting cream in it. Thins it down to a half dose.

Are you sure your headaches are caused by caffeine withdrawl? I realize this is a common effect with some people, but although I’ve quit caffeine several times I’ve never gotten them.
You might try some neck and shoulder stretching exercises, more headaches are caused by that muscle tension kind of thing than missing a couple cups.

Re: caffeine molecule, You might get a kick out of Lee Marrs’ cartoon ‘Nation of addicts!’ (A history of underground comics, Ronin publishing, Mark James Estren, Isbn:0-914171-64-x, pg. 207)

[[…although I’ve quit caffeine several times…]]

And you call yourself one of Us?

Coffee is natures cruelest joke…Nothing could taste as good as coffee smells, and what you actually get when you taste it; You just know that such a huge let down is a purposefull and cruel hoax by an uncaring and cruel universe. :wink:
(As should be obvious, I love the smell of coffee, but think it is barely fit for consumption.)

>>while contemplating the navel of the universe, I wondered, is it an innie or outie?<<

—The dragon observes

Aura said:

Water Joe? I know now what is Water Joe?? Of Jolt, I know (although where in the rural outback of midtown Manhattan to find it, this I know not!)…of Water Joe, I am ignorant. Of Water Joe, you will tell, yes?

Designated Optional Signature at Bottom of Post

Water Joe is just water with caffeine dissolved in it. Kinda pontless, unless you don’t like coffee, tea, or any kind of pop.

“I had a feeling that in Hell there would be mushrooms.” -The Secret of Monkey Island

[[…although I’ve quit caffeine several times…]]

Harvey

Well Harve, I didn’t say it was voluntary now did I?
I spent three weeks (seperate) in the hospital in the last two years, and for some odd reason they didn’t let us have any product containing caffeine. I think it had something to do with wanting a docile population since they were pretty free in handing out the Valium, but they claimed it interfered with the effectiveness of some medications. No cigarettes allowed either, but all the nicotine patches you wanted.
(there were a couple of instances of tasters choice being smuggled in by visitors, but not enough to satisfy a real jones)

When I got out, I went home and drank a pot of strong coffee, and chain smoked for about three hours to get ‘right’ again.

If you wan’ta run cool,the scotch and hamburgers came later.

Luckily, you have other sources of caffeine because coffee and the U.S., home of the “bottomless cup”, don’t mix together too well. Uggghhhh! How CAN you drink this transparent brownish liquid you dare to call coffee?? :slight_smile:

And AuraSeer: 50/50 with milk?!?! Get a grip, man.

Diceman wrote:

I’ve perceived two major benefits to Water Joe. First, it has fewer calories than soda-- to wit, none. (I find diet sodas revolting and detestable.) Second, because it isn’t as acidic as coffee or tea, you can pull a foodless all-nighter and not feel like puking.
As a bonus, you don’t have to drink it straight; if you feel like it, you can freeze it into ice cubes, or make lemonade from it, or whatever.
omniscientnot wrote:

My dad once asked me if I wanted some coffee with my milk and sugar. Suddenly realizing that this was an option, I said no. =B^)

All these posts about caffeine are nice, but aren’t we forgetting my original question? What flavor is Mountain Dew?

“I’m not bad, I’m just drawn that way…”
–Jessica Rabbit,Who Framed Roger Rabbit

It’s Mountain Dew flavored…duh.
:wink: :wink: <–For the humor impaired.

>>while contemplating the navel of the universe, I wondered, is it an innie or outie?<<

—The dragon observes

Yep. We sure are.

It tastes like chick-, I mean pis-, I mean,
It tastes like sugar-water.
Sugar+water+flavorings, (of indeterminate origion,) and 65Mg of caffeine added for a little lift. (and who knows where they got the caffeine) (probably extracted it from some genetic experiment gone wrong) {remember machine picked tomatoes that never ripen?,
I rest my case}

Don’t sneer. Sugar water + caffeine= Big Mojo. And if you also happen to have a little citric acid to add,

Does that answer it for ya’?

Yes, but what about Dr Pepper? Carbonated prune juice?

>^,^<
KITTEN

What about Tab? Runoff water from landfills?

Of course, but WHAT ABOUT DR PEPPER???

>^,^<
KITTEN

no c&p

Mountain Dew is good with creamer.
Don’t ask. :open_mouth:

Welfy

I wonder what the king is doing tonight?

Welfy: :stuck_out_tongue:
Also, I believe that Cecil has already spent far too much time on Dr Pepper.

“I had a feeling that in Hell there would be mushrooms.” -The Secret of Monkey Island

Agreed, but is Dr Pepper carbonated prune juice?

>^,^<
KITTEN

I finally got off my dead ass and asked Jeeves http://www.ask.com. This is what I found in answer to my own question if anyone is interested.

"Brian McElroy posted to alt.fan.dr-pepper on 1/19/98 about his visit to the Dublin Dr Pepper plant, which I think definitively answers two questions at once:

“Just got back today from the Dublin bottling plant and museum. There has been a lot of debate on what flavor Dr Pepper really is, so I asked Mr. Kloster [Bill Kloster], the plant owner, who has worked in that plant for almost 60 years. According to him, Dr Pepper is a mix of 23 different fruit flavors. The original creator wanted to create a drink that tasted like the smell of a soda shop. When you walked into a soda shop in that day, you smelled all the fruit flavors of the different sodas all mixed into one. So he basically took a bunch of flavors and mixed them, and came up with Dr Pepper. He said Dr Pepper does not and has never had prune juice in it.”

>^,^<
KITTEN