Do u dig Robin Trower

How many here know of robin trower?

I was big into Trower in college. I even had a strat. I had a few albums, but the only thing of his that springs to mind is “Bridge of Sighs.” Great guitar player.

Bridge of Sighs” is a jam.

That’s pretty much all I know about him.

Big, big fan! Saw him live a few times, always great.

You’re posting on a board with a ton of olde fartes. Of course you’ll find people that heard of him.

Bridge of Sighs is good. I also have Victims of the Fury.

In a related vein, I also own BLT.

And this thread reminded me that, back in the day, I used to like Long Misty Days, which I’d completely forgot about. I’ll have to see if it is available anywhere.

My older brother had Bridge of Sighs, which I thought was a great album.

Seems to me Day of the Eagle got some airplay on WNEW in NYC back in the day.

Good stuff.

Although I’m familiar with the praises sung for Bridge of Sighs, I haven’t gotten around to giving it a good listen. I did check out a live concert on the web a few years ago and was impressed, and I love his guitar work on Procol Harum’s A Salty Dog. Will be checking out the rest of what’s mentioned here forthwith, despite not being quite the olde farte (yet).

But yes, I dig him too.

You know, I like what I’ve heard, but I never sought him out. No reason why.

Wikipedia says:

Huh, that album was way more popular than I remembered it ever being. Wow.

Jeepers, I never heard the name in my entire life.

(I just did a quick YouTube glance, and…not my cuppa.)

Trower is one of my all-time favorite guitarists. Just amazing depth, feel, and control; no flash, no pretension. He and James Dewar were a match made in hard rock heaven. Trower found a worthy replacement in his occasional collaborations with Jack Bruce; sadly, both Dewar and Bruce are now permanently unavailable.

I love the album, but…maybe I’m too square. I think the cover is a bit…crass. Too high schoolish.

Admittedly, it is a fine line between clever and stupid. I feel this is on the wrong side.

Seen him live and I love some of his tunes. He is a monster at Hendrix styled playing.

If you listen to Daydream and don’t like it I’ll take your word for that, but I’ll never understand it.

I’m pretty sure I’m not seeing whatever you’re seeing in that cover. For the record, the art is by the same guy (“Funky Paul” Olsen) who did all of Trower’s early album covers, which lean toward an abstract/spacey vibe that I feel suits the music perfectly.

Huh.

I tried to find the definition on line of “bridge of sighs” that I learned decades ago. Not even Urban Dictionary has it. Maybe it’s a regionalism?

It means (maybe? somewhere it does!) the perineum. So you have a image of two closely spaced holes with connecting area, and, along with that title, I thought was very…un-subtle.

But the song is great, as is the album. I get over my hangup! :slight_smile:

The first real gig I ever went to was Procol Harum in March 71. He left them that year but I think he was still with them on that tour.
Not seen him since!

That’s what I was going to say. He was an older brother artist. I listened to those albums but never bought anything of his myself.

I think your adding a little too much information to the story. I kind of wish you hadn’t to be perfectly honest.

Procol Harum guitarist.
A Salty Dog. I used to love to listen to it stoned, '67-'68.
I guess he had a short-lived or limited solo career. Hard to beat Whiter Shade of Pale.

Short lived! From 1973 to the present and still going strong.