Do we have an active subreddit on Reddit?

BigT, just sign up for Giraffe Boards already. You know you want to.

a sub without regular posts or a direction of its own is just going to end up dead. an active sub could serve as a bridge between redditors and dopers. it could point redditors to the sdmb, but what would entice dopers to post to a sub that they wouldn’t on the main parts of reddit or sdmb itself?

i don’t have the answer, but perhaps a step would be to have familiar faces around instead of an empty sub? maybe if we could put enough people together they might start talking to each other.

if your reddit and sdmb usernames are the same, and if you don’t mind people associating the two, let me know here and i’ll add you as a moderator on reddit.

We could call them “ropers.” They would be nosy, and misunderstand a conversation virtually every week.

The board culture here is unique and it’s developed over the course of 20 odd years (and I mean that deliberately.) It is, on the whole, significantly different than the board culture at Reddit, as a whole.

I don’t dislike Reddit. I’m sure we already have many posters who post successfully at both places. But I also don’t think that trying to meld the two boards will be successful. In terms of sheer numbers, we’re at a real disadvantage here.

perhaps not so much melding but giving those who already post to the two places somewhere they might meet familiar faces? /shrugs

What is the problem that we’re trying to address? We have the SDMB. It functions. There is apparently a place on the internet called Reddit. I assume it functions as well. Why do we need to connect the two? Hell, we’re not even connected to the Sun Times (or whoever owns this place)