Do you believe in karma?

I don’t believe in karma as a metaphysical force, but I do believe assholes get treated with less favor by people around them, and generally have a worse time. Negativity breeds negativity.

Your definition was a bit over-simplistic (but it ~works), and so I answered 3.

It also depends on your definition of believe. I don’t believe it to be a true, universal law of the universe, but I live as though it’s real. I’m not expecting any reward but I think its concept has merit.

I’ve seen it happen. I believe what goes around comes around.

No, I think some people apply cause and effect to situations that are not coupled in an attempt to give greater meaning or to fulfill a desire for justice.

Karma exists, mostly for practical reasons. If there’s a supernatural aspect to it, I have no evidence for it. It’s possible, but I reserve judgement on that. I have discovered that being pleasant and polite to assholes baffles them, and they momentarily forget to be nasty.

Remember, what comes around…
the mountain will be drivin’ six white horses.

I go further and say not only do I not believe in it, it does **not **exist. It’s all just positive-reinforcement pattern recognition, something our monkey brains are hard wired to always do. Same reason people see the Virgin Mary in their grilled cheese…