Do you care what color M&Ms you get?

I like the brown ones best, but it’s chocolate! I’ll eat any of them!

Apparently my two-year-old cousin will only eat the orange ones.

Sure, but I don’t have any particular reactions as relates to M&M’s. I only occasionally get colors for tastes, although I once got some swirly red from very dark or bittersweet chocolate.

I like the blue ones because I like blue everything. Go blue!

I don’t like the ones with W on them. :smiley:

I don’t really mind what color my M&Ms are, except that I can’t have a pure mixture of red and yellow ones, because those are the school colors of the hated Florida State U. A mixture of orange and blue ones (U. of Florida colors) is what I like best.

As for candy Valentine’s hearts and jelly beans, I have to eat them in a certain sequence. Whenever I have a handful, I eat all of my least favorite ones first, and finish with my favorite flavor. The sequence for candy hearts is white-pink-yellow-purple-orange-green (worst to best).

I eat all the dark brown ones first, because they’re boring. Then the tan ones, if I’m eating plain M&Ms, though I usually don’t have tan ones because I prefer Peanut M&Ms and they don’t have tan. Then I eat the orange because I don’t particularly care for orange. Then I eat the red because eh, red. Then I alternate between the green and yellow, then I eat the blue last.

I thought they got rid of the tan ones altogether when the blue ones were introduced. Are you outside the US?

I don’t care in the way the OP says, but when I grab a handful I like to sort them in groups so that each group has one candy of each color. So, there may be one or two groups of six, but pretty much every time there’s one or two groups of a single piece. I only do this when I’m on my own, because when I’m on my own the risk of the candy falling down or being snatched by someone who’s just gobbled his whole handful is lower (zero for the second event, actually). It’s not OCD, it’s a minor obsession with statistics :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m in the UK and haven’t seen tan MnMs here.

They taste better it you eat them standing on your head.

I used to separate out the green and yellow ones, which were my high school’s colors, and eat the rest first. Just leaving me with a school-spirited snack to look forward to for another 30 seconds. We didn’t have blue or red, and the tan ones were my least favorite.

I sort of recall special M&Ms that came in my university colors - just a bag of purple & white. Do they make custom colors like that or was it some kind of knockoff brand?

I’m really weird when it comes to M&Ms. I will sort them in rows by color, then eat the largest color group first and and continue to the smallest. The green ones are my favorite, and no matter how many of the green ones there are, I always save them until the very last.

And M&Ms do make custom color bags. You can order them on their website.

Synaesthete here, though it doesn’t matter–it’s irrelevant to my M&M preference.

I like all the colors, though I prefer to look at the green and yellow ones because they’re brighter. I don’t think they taste any different, however.

I don’t like the “special color” ones, like the green and red Christmas ones or the pink breast cancer ones. Not because they taste any different, but I like to put my M&M’s in water and the coatings on those make the water really icky. The pink is quite pretty, but I feel weird eating it, like I’m taking Pepto Bismol or something.

Yeah, I’m weird. So? :slight_smile:

I eat the tans ones first because I hate them. I think the color is ugly and don’t want to look at them so I eat them first to get them out of the way. Then I can relax with the pretty colors. :slight_smile:

I’d love to order some custom ones. Pretty colors. Turquoise, etc… Ooooooooo. But I’m not paying more for M&Ms just to get them nor can I wait. Now if someone ordered some for me… :smiley:

Aw. This is a cute philosophy. I don’t think they make tan anymore where I live, but I agree that they suck. Dark brown is fine. But tan is kinda blech.

Ooh, turquoise! And pink! Easter colors.

Y’know, M&Ms are just like people. We all come in different colors, and yet, we don’t melt in your hands…

Not in the slightest. It’s da chocolate dat matters!

When I was a kid, there were purple M&Ms.

As long as I don’t get any brown ones. If I do, well, I just start smashing shit.

My rules for eating M&M’s:

1. Yes please.

Though, I do prefer them cold. If I have the willpower to not eat a package immediately, I love putting them in the fridge for an hour or so. Nice and crunchy that way.

No, it’s just been that long since I had plain M&Ms. There never were tan ones (to my recollection) in my favored Peanut variety. :slight_smile:

I recall learning in school that M&M’s came in specific ratios, but they weren’t always perfect.
Someone else realized this as wellbut he’s got the ratio’s on his site at least.

I always save my Reds and Blues for last and eat the stupid Brown ones first.

If i was really bored, I’d have M&M wars, where i’d try to crush two M&M’s together between my fingers, with the one that cracked first being eaten first and the survivor continued. 5 Wins and he won his freedom to be eaten last or to face another 5’er.

Survival of the fittest!