Do you have a piece of pencil lead embedded in your skin somewhere?

I was positive I’d have the lead pencil tip embedded in my stomach forEVER, but apparantly it dissolved at some point. It was there at least 20-25 years, though; took a while.
What an odd question, and I’m laughing my ass off at how many people have had bits of lead in them, too!

I was doing one of my imaginative flights of fancy/timewasting activities (either writing a story, or cataloguing baseball stats, or something) when I dropped the pencil, and it somehow hit the edge of the desk, flipped in the air, and ended up shallowly embedded in a vein on the back of my right hand. After freaking for a second or three, I calmly pulled it out and went and got a band-aid. Just checked, and yep, the mark it left is still there 30 years later.

I have 3. One of them in the bottom of my foot in the arch. I used to do my homework sitting Indian-style on my bed, and stabbed myself accidentally. Good poll question, Gary. I’ve always wondered if I was the only one, and am very surprised how common it is.

Not a piece of pencil, so I voted no, but I do have a bit of ink on the palm of one hand that’s been there for more than 30 years since I stabbed myself (accidentally) with a pen. It’s a bit like a micro tattoo.

In my right palm, just below the anatomical snuff box. I’ve forgotten the details. Now I know why my last four bosses were always telling me to get the lead out!

Middle of right palm. It’s been there since 1958 (at which time I thought it was actual lead, and I was going to die eventually of lead poisoning. And by “eventually” I meant before 1960).

Alas, we must inflict our own injuries.

I don’t, but my brother has a piece in his ass from sitting on a newly-sharpened pencil.

Right bicep, stabbed by a girl in year 6.

Yes, on my right palm – a little dot on the mound of my thumb. I got it in 7th grade English class when I was fooling around with my pencil and ended up stabbing myself. It used to be so shallow I would contemplate digging it out with a pin or something, but now that seems painful and fruitless.

Once, my brother and I were left home alone, and I managed to stab my brother in the neck with a pencil. I was running to answer the phone, pencil in hand (had been in the middle of doing homework) and my brother was running because he had to pee, and we smacked into each other pretty hard. Somehow the pencil embedded itself into his neck and then snapped off, leaving me with a broken pencil and him with a wounded neck. It took us a while to figure out what had happened (the pencil end wasn’t visible because it was in so deep).

I dunno if any bits were left in here, but he still has a visible scar from the stitches he needed afterwards. He goes around telling people I did it on purpose. :dubious:

Inside of my forearm. I don’t really remember how it happened now. I think it was in 7th or 8th grade so about 1978 or 1979.

Mine’s above my right knee. In 5th grade, I was rocking back in my chair with my hand on my leg and holding a pencil, when I slipped and the pencil jammed the under-side of my desk, leaving the lead permanently embedded.

Sort of. There isn’t a chunk of lead (graphite, really) in there, but a dark grey spot on the palm of my right hand. It’s raised slightly, so it looks like there’s something in there but after it healed my mom took me to a doctor to make sure there wasn’t, and the doc cut open my palm to check it out. It’s just stained from the graphite.

It happened in 7th grade Home Ec. The girl across the table pushed a book towards me and it shoved the freshly sharpened pencil into my hand. Now it looks like a gnarly splinter got stuck and my hand healed over it.

Ditto, except for some reason I had the pencil between the desk and my stomach.
Damned 5th grade desks and their rock-back-ability!

Top of my right wrist, two dots. One bigger and one smaller.

I used to have a bit of pencil lead in my forehead that’s since (thankfully) worked its way out, though I still have a scar where it used to be. In a stunning display of skill, in fifth grade I managed to stab myself with a pencil in the forehead right in a rather deep blackhead and broke off the tip. I don’t actually remember what I was doing, just that I was in the middle of class and that it most likely wasn’t even particularly funny to witness or even retell, otherwise I’d probably remember or someone would’ve remembered for me. I think I was holding the pencil up and then accidently smacked my face into it. I’m actually kind of impressed with myself that I managed not only to stab myself with a pencil in the forehead, but I managed to stab myself in the one spot on my forehead that was already a problem area. I doubt I could duplicate that feat if I tried.

At any rate, I looked a bit like I had a third eye there for a while once the lead started working its way back out some time during middle school. Now there’s just a bump there as the only sign anything happened.

Holy cow, I didn’t realize there were so many of us! Mine’s at the base of my middle finger, right hand. Also acquired in grade school, more than 50 years ago. I did it to myself (but not on purpose).

How odd, so many. Maybe lead pencils need warning labels. :wink:

I don’t. However my sister does, thanks to me. Apparently I stabbed her in the side of the nose with a sharpened pencil and the tip broke. I vaguely remember the incident and have no idea how or why I did it. The reminder is there to this day as a tiny spot of lead.

I’m not sure how old we were, but that spot has been there for at least 30 years.

I can imagine the memory of this event is far more clear for my sister.

Left palm, its been there about 20 years. You can barely see it anymore.