Do you know the only thing better than a Mai Tai?

Two Mai Tais. Preferably followed by a five-day weekend. Life is good. Just wanted to share.

That sounds pretty frickin’ good right now.

OK…Red Sox game has started. Got my “It’s 5 o’clock somewhere” hat on. No need to get fancy, just a tall glass of iced lemonade, with a healthy(?) dollop of vodka. Ahhhh…

5 day weekend? My weekend lasts until August 15th! :smiley:

Well, I was gonna say “two Mai Tais.”

What do I win?

You win two Mai Tais (Duh!) :slight_smile:

That round’s on me, but you’ll have to loan me a few bucks. :wink:

Now, if only I had the bucks to loan you. And the 5 day weekend. Man, I’d be in
Fat City, I would.

:sigh:

A your ascot!

What?

The Sox are playing? I’m the world’s worst Bostonain. :slight_smile:

And, ah, lemonade and vodka? Hot damn, I’ve got a new libation queued up for this weekend!

August 15th, eh? A lesser man would curse your fortune, but I, sir, and happy for you. May Baccus smile upon you in your leisure.

looks like T-Minus 90 minutes on the left coast, muchacho.

You mis-spelled ass caught.

And Schilling is pitching. :smiley:

Good lemonade, and Ketel 1, from the freezer. Make a big glass, it goes quickly.

Your salute is returned. You, sirrah, are a gentleman of rare breeding. L’chaim!

I know, I know. I picked up some chicken wings and General Gao, and charged the whole mess. We’re broke but I needs me some China Dinah (and Mai Tais) every so often.

And yeah, I’m feeling like the luckiest guy on the block with this long weekend. My boss took the pager to reward me for breaking my ass the last few weeks, and I’m thinking about burying the ol’ Blackberry in the yard. :wink:

: raises glass (now a Dark n’ Stormy) to silenus :

Cheers, mate. May you be in Heaven an hour before the Devil knows you’re dead.

Back in the day, we used to call that beverage a “Bullfrog”. Pink lemonade was preferred, since it was available at the local Sonic, but yellow lemonade would suffice. Been a long time since I had one, too…hmmm…might have to make a run to the liquor store tommorrow…

Um… you might not want to drink the yellow “lemonade.”
Just sayin…

Heh heh heh. Yeah. Heh heh.

Hey! Pretzel sticks! Mmmm.

It being officially summer and all, we keep a gallon jug of lemonade in the fridge at all times. When it gets about 2/3s empty, we toss in another can of frozen lemonade (the last one was raspberry lemonade) and a couple of scoops of CountryTime powder. Pink lemonade powder, of all things. But it tastes good, and the tartness is very thirst-quenching when it is Holy Jebus 102° outside. The Ketel One is just a bonus.

Hmm…better than a Mai Tai?

A bottle of wine, a rack of ribs just coming off the smoker, the knowledge that 2/3 of my children will be away from home for the next several nights, and the remaining child sleeps very heavily. :wink:

I’m a Smirnoff man, m’self. Oh, sure, I’ll do an occassional Goose, or K1, but the bottle in the freezer is usually Smirnoff. Back in the day, Absolut was pretty much the only alternative. I’m glad the Martini made a comeback, though it was annoying that my favorite cocktail was suddenly the big trendy drink.

I’m hosting a bbq on Sunday, I think I’ll make vodka and lemonade bullfrogs the drink of the day.

Ok, I’ll concede that ribs, grape and no kids trumps my Mai Tais and chicken wings. :slight_smile: