Do you like the new Netflix Instant queue?

I’m kind of meh about the new look. It’s OK, but I thought it looked better before. The pictures for the suggestions seem a little too big to me – that’s where they screwed up, imo.

What a mess. I do hope you register your unhappiness with the changes for the benefit of the rest of us.

Ahem, I still need clarification.

Is it the “Watch Instantly” tab, the Instant Queue, or both?

My queue(instant and physical) look the same. My watch Instant tab looks weird, now. I don’t care, though; I barely use it.

I use feedfliks which I think is essentially the same thing. Is instantwatcher accurate? I recommended feedflicks to someone else who said it wasn’t very good, but the only thing I’ve noticed is that occasionally things don’t expire when they say they will. But, I assume they get their feed from Netflix, so, garbage in, garbage out and all that. I just assumed that when Netflix announces a new instant movie is going to be released they put the end date in the data stream. If the end date gets changed, the sites like feedflicks probably don’t go and refresh their databases.
Not really a big deal.

My Queue is the same, but my Watch Instantly page has been turned into something unusable. The pictures are too big and don’t fit on my screen properly, tv shows start playing without letting me choose an episode and the way the side scrolling works makes me want to kill something. Looking for something to watch last night, I ended up banging on my keyboard and opting instead to read a book.

I actually think that this is the screen you get when you’re watching it on your tv with your Wi. The scrolling is certainly the same. Why would you try to force something designed to work with a Wi-mote work with a mouse?

HATE. IT.

It’s the Instant Queue itself. The “Watch Instantly” tab, while much different than before, still functions essentially the same as before. The Instant Queue OTOH, is radically different in almost every way.

See my pic in Post #15. That is what my Instant Queue now looks like.

I connect to the internet on my computer with an aircard. My TV is not connected to the internet. So I will not be watching any movies instantly. I HATE the assumption that everyone who uses netflix will be “watching instantly.” I would like the option of switching back to the old format.

Why can’t you view movies on your computer? That’s how we watch. Although I bet the majority of Netflix’s subscriber base do watch instantly, I don’t think the redesigns assume everyone will. The Browse DVDs and Watch Instantly are now and in the redesign separate tabs. Only the Watch Instantly tab has Click to Play images (of which I’m not a huge fan). If you click the image on the Browse DVD side, it still takes you to the film page. Presumably, this hasn’t changed in the new design.

I haven’t even looked at the Netflix website in a while, it might be a year or more. The XBOX 360 Watch Instantly Queue — virtually the only way I interact with my Watch Instantly queue – is organized the same way it ever was (and now it “seeks” new seasons of TV shows for you and adds them automatically, which I like).

So I selected “makes no difference to me.”

Because my internet connection to my computer is too slow to download movies well. I even have trouble watching YouTube videos.

Ah, bummer. :frowning:

I just went to Netflix and experimentally tried to watch a movie and it downloaded rather quickly. The last time I tried to watch a movie, the site had you go through this exercise where it checked your download speed or whatever and it told me I was out of luck. I haven’t tried since then. But something has changed… so, thanks for the heads-up! (I’m a brown-eyed girl, too. :wink: )

Surely I’m not the only one who disagrees with this.

It’s remarkable that netflix hasn’t integrated any of this stuff into their website, or into their apps (Ps3, Roku, etc.). The ability to search by genre or by an actor seem like awfully basic functionality.

Two other observations: Netflix comes up with all of these genre suggestions base on what you view (eg, gritty crime drams from the 1970s). Would be awesome to be able to browse those, or even tag some of them and make them sticky.

And while we can debate how effective their recommendation algorithm is, it’s complete failure to take into account multiple viewers in a house radically reduces it’s usefulness. My teenage son likes sci-fi movies. His twin sister likes horror movies. My wife likes documentaries and foreign films. There’s very little crossover. Seems like it wouldn’t be that hard to create sub accounts to solve that problem.

No, you’re not. I’ve got at least 70 items in my instant queue. Many times when I’m browsing, I’ll find things that I don’t want to watch right now, but know I’ll want to see later, when I’m in a different mood. Or I’ll find 5 to 15 interesting things while I’m looking for something specific.

Without the Instant Queue, I’d never be able to pull up the queue when tired and decide, OK - that one, without having to think or search.

And my queue hasn’t changed, either. Is there an address to contact to leave feedback, because I really don’t want my list to go away.

Agreed. Given the number of films and programs available it’s necessary to have a queue to keep track of the items you’ve found, and to let you choose which ones you want to see given your inclination at the time you’re ready to watch something. Plus the Instant Watch queue serves to give you a heads up when something you have queued up is about to become unavailable or available by DVD only.

Except for the fact that 95% of the stuff I really want to see is available only on DVD (:p), I value the Instant Watch queue as much as I do the DVD queue.

No. I’m with Yllaria and I have 105 available movies listed in my Instant Watch Queue and 51 that are currently unavailable. Sometimes I’m in the mood for a documentary and sometimes a thriller, but either way I’d prefer to watch something I’ve found interesting enough to queue. And a lot of times, I don’t want to sift through all of the available movies to find one to I want to watch. It’s easier in the queue. I just wish it would let me re-sort my queue by rating or genre. I don’t see the point of the numbering system and drag and drop functionality on the Instant Watch side. Just let me click the header and re-sort by that column.

Where should we complain to? My que so far is the same as always, but I hate the new format for searching for movies. I’m not seeing an appropriate feedback address, though. Anyone find one?

Not that I’ve been able to find. Their “Contact Us” link is only for technical issues. All there is for actual feedback seems to be their phone number (1-866-716-0414).

Has anyone else noticed that Member Reviews have been down for at least a couple weeks?